IGNORED

Tube2020

DrTypo

I am trying to burn this game but having no luck.  I used Jiffi to convert the COF to .CDI, but then when i use ImageBurn it says "File Type Not Recognized"  I even tried changing it to an ISO and it says the same thing.  

Seems like Disc Juggler no longer works with Windows 10.  Tried to burn over on my mac, same thing, "File not recognized."  Anyone have any luck making CD's recently, what am i doing wrong? 

EDIT:  I just burned Rings to a CD a few months back with Imageburn and had no problems doing it.  Think this final upload might be a corrupted file.  Can anyone confirm? 

I just converted the .cof file to a .cdi with Jiffi and then burned it in DiscJuggler (in Windows 10) and ... it works on my Jag CD!  Awesome. 

As for the game, the concept is really, really cool.  I like this kind of racing game a lot and this one looks and plays well.  The only issue  is that the game is really short, it feels like more of a techdemo than a game.  What's here is awesome but it's very easy and I beat all the tracks in both gravity on and gravity off modes in about half an hour.  Once you get used to the trick of how the controls work, that you have to let go of the accelerator to keep speeds above the speed you go by holding that button down, the game's easy and fun.  So yeah it's short, but this is a little game by one person and having something that's this fun and nice looking on the Jag is awesome.  It's always fantastic when Jag homebrews use graphics that actually push the hardware beyond Amiga/Atari ST-level stuff, as far as I've seen so far it's rare for a homebrew to see polygonal 3d like you do here!  The tubes look cool and the game moves nicely fast.  Oh, the music's great as well.

That said though, it's definitely praise that playing this mostly made me want more -- best time saving (something Tube SE also needs!) to give you more to do in the game; maybe some kind of progression; more obstacles and tougher courses later on; maybe an option for multiple laps in the courses; etc.  But anyway, what's here is quite fun, I enjoyed it. 

Edited by A Black Falcon

Mine worked fine when initially released I used jiffi and converted the .cof to the ULS reboot starter And then it works fine in my Jag CD. 

As for the cover I'm stoked there's an insert for this now! Unfortunately I now don't have access to the laserjet printer I had at work last year so I don't have a way to print this insert now!

Very cool @DrTypo, there hasn't been many 3D homebrews.

I have been fantasizing about making a game similar to the 1979 Tailgunner (Cinematronics) Vector arcade game with flat shaded polygons.

(would look a little bit nicer than the original wireframe graphics)

The polygon count would not need to be high, but I haven't been able to find a library that I can use with C for this

(most open libraries for the Jaguar focus on 2D graphics)

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 3

Disc Juggler is driving me insane.  Won't install on Windows 10.  Tried troubleshooting and Windows 7/8 compatibility mode settings.  Aha!

https://sizious.com/2018/07/01/installing-discjuggler-on-windows-10/

Actually just used Universal Extractor for Windows 10 which circumvents the need for an Install and just gives you a folder with the program files and EXE

https://universal-extractor.en.softonic.com/

We are in business: 

Capture.JPG

• Like 3

On 2/23/2021 at 7:02 PM, jgkspsx said:

Tube SE is one of my favorite homebrews. A DrTypo anthology would be amazing. I still haven't played Fallen Angels...

All of Dr. Typo's games are awesome! Definitely an anthology with Rings, Tube SE, Tube 2020, Gem Race, and Fallen Angels would be amazing!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Track names for my reference and for Google:

1 Alpha

2 Beta

3 Gamma

4 Delta

5 Epsilon

6 Zeta

7 Eta

8 Theta

9 Iota

I feel like there’s some kind of pattern, but it’s Greek to me.

Those are obviously COVID variants. Which proves the virus was engineered by Bill "DrTypo" Gates. ?️‍♂️?

• Haha 5