IGNORED

Plastron Source did anyone down load it?

Plastron

https://web.archive.org/web/20050209123617/http://www.jetbootjack.com/JBJ_oldgamesdownloads.html

but attempts to download Plastronwip.zip or AndyD.zip redirect to the original domain which hasn't existed for a long time.

So if anyone has those two named files locally then that's what @Plastron is after :) 

The disks I originally had from sTeVE / @Jetboot Jack didn't have any of the Plastron game related content on, but I recently met sTeVE and was kindly given some more, so I'll check if anything is on them.

@low.blow  you got andyD.zip somewhere dont'cha :)

@Plastron   thankyou for what you do and have done, glad to help

@Mclaneinc often has a back up of the back up...  :)

looks like we needs more archives and archivists :)

Plastron -

1  metal breastplate formerly worn under the hauberk
a quilted pad worn in fencing to protect the chest, waist, and the side on which the weapon is held
2  the ventral part of the shell of a tortoise or turtle consisting typically of nine symmetrically placed bones overlaid by horny plates this is exoskeletal armor
3 a thin film of air held by water-repellent hairs of some aquatic insects

all of which appear to be imagined in the game... :)
Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetboot Jack said:

Yeah - my bad, I lost a lot of the files from my old site sadly...

Pigwa has an old mirror of the site. Just about all the files and screenshots are there, if not all?

Here's a zip of it. I also have the Plastron files, but I see someone else uploaded them already.

jetbootjack.com.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, MrFish said:

Pigwa has an old mirror of the site. Just about all the files and screenshots are there, if not all?

Here's a zip of it. I also have the Plastron files, but I see someone else uploaded them already.

jetbootjack.com.zip 3.46 MB · 6 downloads

That is fantastic, thank you so much!

sTeVE

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jetboot Jack said:

That is fantastic, thank you so much!

No problem. A great piece of A8 game history.

BTW... are the resources for Last Ninja II still around? I noticed a comment listing it that says "coming soon" -- on the Independent Days page.

Edited by MrFish

Last Ninja II - like some other announced never shown games was signed with the respective UK publishers (System III etc), but never got further than a basic proof of concept demo. Unfortunately the assets are now lost to the mists of time, along with various other demos/software like Trap and Psygnosis Barbarian)...

The agreements (I still have a few of the signed contracts) are only concerned with my/and or Harlequin's rights and responsibilities under fixed term publishing and development agreements. So nothing to prevent my discussion of this ancient material ?

Orall did some lovely music for Beast for me, but that track xxl is not one I commissioned for that game AFAIK, but it may have been one I had received, or was it from Richard?

sTeVE

Edited by Jetboot Jack
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Jetboot Jack said:

Last Ninja II - like some other announced never shown games was signed with the respective UK publishers (System III etc), but never got further than a basic proof of concept demo. Unfortunately the assets are now lost to the mists of time, along with various other demos/software like Trap and Psygnosis Barbarian)...

The agreements (I still have a few of the signed contracts) are only concerned with my/and or Harlequin's rights and responsibilities under fixed term publishing and development agreements. So nothing to prevent my discussion of this ancient material ?

Orall did some lovely music for Beast for me, but that track xxl is not one I commissioned for that game AFAIK, but it may have been one I had received, or was it from Richard?

sTeVE

Guilty! ? I don't have anything left from back then though, I gave everything to my brother when I got an Amiga!

Edited by RAM

On 5/11/2020 at 1:49 AM, MrFish said:

Too bad about those bits and pieces from Last Ninja II, Barbarian, etc. not being preserved. The history is still interesting, though.

I never thought to preserve anything - it was just work then, and many people I know have likewise many lost/fabled projects that I see regularly asked about.

I share when I find stuff (like the 7800 games my friend Amy had worked on) and always wish I had not lost things.

I know there are many games or pieces of games floating around, like Winter Games for the A8 (which I saw alongside UFO at Atari UK)...

sTeVE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1