IGNORED

Keyboard Component

11 hours ago, cmart604 said:

I know of the immediate whereabouts of at least two. I think maybe 20-30. ?

I'm honored to say that I tested, touched, drooled on and bubble wrapped one of those 2 holy grails. I'll have to see if I can find that picture of the guard dog riding shotgun on it as it made it's way thru the Okanogan.

• Like 1

Keith Robinson rolled his eyes one time when I suggested that perhaps an add on board that is keyboard component compatible would be something that would be interesting to fans. 

Imagine a new replacement circuit board for the ECS case that could take a USB Keyboard, and emulate the tape drive with an SD card. 

Right now, the 8 bit guy is doing some C64 like 'advanced' retro computer.

It would be a cool project to get something that could run in hardware, all the Keyboard Component software and allow hobbyists to develop for the would be add on. 

• Like 2

A KC component hardware emulator would be an interesting project.  I could understand Keith's perspective as it wouldn't be something that would make him money.  Homebrew developers wouldn't need emulated cassette storage; modern rom cartridges can store plenty.  Someone was developing hardware that adds a high resolution text overlay to intellivision.  Can't find that atariage topic right now.  [Edit:  found it here.  https://atariage.com/forums/topic/266459-birds-nest/ ]

A KC emulator in software would be nice too, Mame is getting closer. 

-------------

If someone has a KC with working tape drive they should record video of the conversational french, jack lalanne, or spelling challenge cassettes.  Very little footage exists.

Edited by mr_me

12 minutes ago, mr_me said:

(...) Someone was developing hardware that adds a high resolution text overlay to intellivision.  Can't find that atariage topic right now.

(...)

did you mean this?

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/251084-opcode-games-announces-intellixpander-castlevania-goonies-reserve-now/#comments