IGNORED

Jaguar Skunk Cart Case

Machine

40 minutes ago, Machine said:

Does anyone make(or print) a cart case for the skunk?  I have a printed case, but it is for the early version of the skunk and will not fit my board.  I have cash or will trade some gaming goodies!!!

Which Skunkboard to do you have?  I cracked both mine from the sellmyretro store out into normal shells (much better!) so have the shells spare from those.

Alternatively, drill out the round side of a normal cart and route the cable out that way (loop it inside so you can't pull on the cable with force and snap the usb/disconnect the cable)

image.thumb.png.ad452860078e6da38aa9246fbdfea9ba.png

• Like 3

Please do NOT link to any sites or videos made by someone whose username starts with "10" and ends with "6". In fact, I would highly suggest that you not deal with said individual at all. And please do NOT ask why.

I tried to put in in a regular Jag shell but is would not fit. I guess maybe get the dremel out and see what kinda mess I can make. I was hoping someone had printed a shell for it. I have a printed shell for a skunk but it will not fit mine cuz of the 2 usb plugs on top.

Edited by Machine

15 minutes ago, Machine said:

I tried to put in in a regular Jag shell but is would not fit. I guess maybe get the dremel out and see what kinda mess I can make. I was hoping someone had printed a shell for it. I have a printed shell for a skunk but it will not fit mine cuz of the 2 usb plugs on top.

Nothing has ever been designed to use those, and with the JaguarGD I'd wager nothing ever will. Desolder them, you won't miss 'em.

I have the same style board as you. I got a empty cartridge shell off of eBay and used a Dremel to make room for the back ports. I also got a small USB extension cable and made a hole on top for that. I found a label image online and used my printer with sticker paper to make a label. Here’s a couple pics:

7de60cd4b92d44ab52068441fab778ad.jpg

f5d947b05e9909760be63bbb0585f183.jpg

I too would love if someone would design a proper shell too, but so far this has been working for me. Hope this helps!
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, schnuth said:

I have the same style board as you. I got a empty cartridge shell off of eBay and used a Dremel to make room for the back ports. I also got a small USB extension cable and made a hole on top for that. I found a label image online and used my printer with sticker paper to make a label. Here’s a couple pics:

7de60cd4b92d44ab52068441fab778ad.jpg

f5d947b05e9909760be63bbb0585f183.jpg

I too would love if someone would design a proper shell too, but so far this has been working for me. Hope this helps!

That is really well done, I think I am gonna try and make one. If you still have the label saved, I would love to use it.  Would you mind sharing it?

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I am definately gonna try it!

On 5/8/2020 at 3:44 PM, Machine said:

I managed to fit mine into a cartridge but it was not easy, first I had to replace the straight pin header with a 90 degree one and then I had to mill out some of the plastic in the back of the case to make room for it due to the curvature of the case. Although I was fortunate in having access to a milling machine at work it was still a difficult task to clamp the case firmly enough for it to stay put but not flex too much and there is a visible point where I nearly went through the case.

Practically, the simplest option for those without access to a milling machine are to either...

cut one big hole in the back of the cartridge to accommodate the USB connectors

cut two smaller holes in the back of the cartridge to accommodate the USB connectors, but that requires more accuracy to look neat or

remove the two USB A connectors and hope that the mounding for the USB cable is not also a problem (I think it was for me), however removing them is not simple for those without a desolder station as plated through holes can be difficult with just a solder desolder pump or braid.

• Like 1

That is really well done, I think I am gonna try and make one. If you still have the label saved, I would love to use it.  Would you mind sharing it?

Thanks for sharing the pictures, I am definately gonna try it!

It’s been quite awhile since I did this with my skunk. But after trying to jog my memory I got the label and case ideas from this thread:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/172069-my-skunkboard-has-a-case-now/

Good luck!

• Like 1

This is what i did with mine, but it is the sellmyretro one that is thinner, I never had the older version. This fit fine inside of a case. Since mine is clear you can see through to it and what it looks like inside. I drilled a hole in the top and put in a small $0.99 cable. I paid someone to make me a custom label for the front, unfortunately I think their printer was dying on ink so it looked dashed on the JAGUAR logo so he sent me a few of them. I did have to get a custom insert for a Universal Game Case for it so it has something to sit in when on the shelf. 

96170141_646610586119314_5996233228111839232_n.jpg

96720822_1141461276203463_227784840378843136_n.jpg

46275215_426980954501193_449129111009361920_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...