IGNORED

Atari Jaguar multicart 8/2MB or 4/4MB games

grips03

Not that it needs to be said yet again, but the price combined with the amount of work you have to go through in order to fully utilize this multicart makes the Jag GD look like an absolute steal.

Not that it is legal and not that I am condoning piracy, but the seller does flash "whatever" on there for you via their "flashing service".

Again, I will not condone piracy. As for the hardware itself and if it is good? Yes, it is actually very very good. As is their multi a/v expansion module.

As for it being redundant when the flash cart comes out...not so sure. It can play BSG, and the flash cart cannot as far as I am aware. I use it primarily for that...until I can win the lottery and then find and buy myself a real BSG cart ;)

Edited by eightbit

Well I have my Skunkboards, but I'm on the waiting list for the "Game Drive"... I figure I better try something new in the world; no since in not having one of these for myself. The last time these got released I was trying to get myself a new truck; well I got it now so I can afford the GD now. Although I have to say a 16-MB custom cartridge on ebay seems like something worth looking into for future game developments rather than what they're trying to sell it for. 

Edited by philipj

I have a such device, got it from a collector a year ago; it was included with some more interesting stuff.
The cart of my device is not transparent, otherwise same HW.
No easy to use for sure, and need an additional flash device.
May be suitable for a game developer willing to keep build versions on the same cart, before the GD came out.
I prefer to use my Skunkboards, and to use the GD in the future.

I have a pretty solid collection of retail and homebrew carts, this multicart, and am on the waiting list for the GD here on AA. I enjoy all Jag hardware and randomness. I personally think the multicart is a good purchase...at least for me. It's really well built and a nice addition to the ever growing collection of Jag stuff ;)

I have that same cart. I bought it years ago before getting a Skunkboard. It basically became pointless once I got a skunkboard. The GOOD thing about it was that it actually saves high scores and level progress on the 8 sections whereas with a skunk when you reflash it you lose everything. However now that there is the Jaguar game drive coming out, that will not only have every game you could want on it but also supposedly saves your high scores and progress. So alas mine will likely just sit in my collection as a piece of history that will eventually become obsolete. 

96797005_273191637051868_8706520401213128704_n.jpg

Edited by UHATEIT

• 7 months later...