IGNORED

Any "new user says hello!" thread?

20 minutes ago, ti99iuc said:

Hello Micheael :) welcome aboard
some good memories for you? ?

I already got a lot of good memories within the last few years. I hazzled a bit around with v9t9 and some other emulators, but the real win was MESS integrated within MAME. Well, MAME I have already used since 0.26 or so. So now I not only was able to play classics like asteroids, missile command et al, but deal a bit with my beloved TI99 again.

Actually I am setting up an environment consisting MAME, xdt99 and some other tools to build something a bit like an IDE for Assembler.

Italian? I planned vacation (like the last 5 years) with my girlfriend for two weeks at Forio (Ischia), but the actual situation cancelled our flight to Naples. And that should have taken place at May 12th - Yep, next Tuesday. Right now this weekend I should have been busy preparing the luggage.

Well, we'll see where I will participate in the threads. Right now I'm a bit exhausted reading (and I mean: reading) through the 2 mammoth threads dealing with assembler and RXB, both with 42 pages.

It was just weird now and then when I almost had a finger at "reply" and had to realize that those posts were up until 10 years old. ;-)

But it was very interesting to get a feeling about some of the characters... ;-)

Michael

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hmmm... *lookspuzzled*

I might still be known to one or another, at least in Germany, perhaps. But on the other hand I didn't expect to be recognized within one or two hours after my first postings after 30 to 35 years inactivity from the TI99.

So thanks for the welcome! ?

Michael

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael Rittweger said:

Hmmm... *lookspuzzled*

I might still be known to one or another, at least in Germany, perhaps. But on the other hand I didn't expect to be recognized within one or two hours after my first postings after 30 to 35 years inactivity from the TI99.

So thanks for the welcome! ?

Michael

Ich war fast zehn Jahre in Deutschland stationiert (in Kaiserslautern, aber auch in mehrere User Gruppen dabei: K'Town 99ers, TI Club Errorfree, Rexsoft, East Anglia 99ers, und auch die TIGG)--dadurch kannte ich damals fast alle aktive TI Leute in Deutschland.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Ich war fast zehn Jahre in Deutschland stationiert (in Kaiserslautern, aber auch in mehrere User Gruppen dabei: K'Town 99ers, TI Club Errorfree, Rexsoft, East Anglia 99ers, und auch die TIGG)--dadurch kannte ich damals fast alle aktive TI Leute in Deutschland.

Jim it’s too bad we’ve never met in person, as I live only 80 kilometres away from Kaiserlautern (moved to Neustadt an der Weinstrasse in 1996, but now living near Ludwigshafen since 2006). So were the K’Town 99ers a local Kaiserslautern TI club?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Michael Rittweger said:

Hi, everybody!

Just curious: Is there any thread where new users say "hello" to this community? Well, not to the community, but for the TI99 part of it?

I just don't want to jump in into threads without introducing myself...

Michael

Hi Michael! Welcome to the Atariage TI-99/4a forum. The best place to hang out if you ask me! 

• Like 4

Hi Michael,

Wolfgang from Bruchköbel (near Frankfurt am Main) warmly welcomes you.

I was also busy with other things for almost 35 years and returned to my TI hobby in late 2017.

This forum is a real treasure trove and there is always something new in terms of hardware and software for the TI.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, retroclouds said:

Jim it’s too bad we’ve never met in person, as I live only 80 kilometres away from Kaiserlautern (moved to Neustadt an der Weinstrasse in 1996, but now living near Ludwigshafen since 2006). So were the K’Town 99ers a local Kaiserslautern TI club?

There were actually two local groups in the Kaiserslautern area, @retroclouds. The K'Town 99ers were an American group, made up of military folks from Kaiserslautern, Landstuhl, Stuttgart, and Wiesbaden. There was also a German group with folks from the Saarbrücken, Landstuhl, Kaiserslautern, and Sembach area. I was part of both groups.

It is definitely unfortunate that we never met in person--but that too shall eventually happen if the stars align right. I do plan to try to make it to another TI Treff to meet up with my old frinds again, I just don't know when that will happen yet.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Morning all, a new user here (born in the UK, living in Austria for many years). I too was looking for a new user thread and this is the best the search facility could render, so howdy y'all.

Just got my 2x Atari 2600 Juniors dusted off and been enjoying them again with my 10 year old.  Just ordered a Harmony cartridge thanks to this forum,  which is utterly superb. 

After a tip off from my buddy, I use 'The Arcade' joysticks, great stuff.

Cheers, dolyschaf

P.S. Es ist auch schön, viele Deutsch sprechende Menschen hier zu sehen!

36 minutes ago, dolyschaf said:

Morning all, a new user here (born in the UK, living in Austria for many years). I too was looking for a new user thread and this is the best the search facility could render, so howdy y'all.

Just got my 2x Atari 2600 Juniors dusted off and been enjoying them again with my 10 year old.  Just ordered a Harmony cartridge thanks to this forum,  which is utterly superb. 

After a tip off from my buddy, I use 'The Arcade' joysticks, great stuff.

Cheers, dolyschaf

P.S. Es ist auch schön, viele Deutsch sprechende Menschen hier zu sehen!

Willkommen,

This is the TI-99/4a forum!:cool:

This is the place to be...to get turned-on-to TEXAS INSTRUMENTS paraphernalia, such as:

FinalGROM 99, TIPI, HRD 4000B, F18A MK2...

...If you stay too long, we will infect you!:evil:

However, perhaps this is more on target...

...Atari 2600:waving: