Sign in to follow this  
Byte Knight

Oregon Trail on eBay

2 hours ago, Byte Knight said:

This must be a joke - somebody actually bid $800 on a boxed Oregon Trail on eBay?!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233583698592

And that person still has to pay for shipping!

Inflated market value on Apple stuff these days; plus I believe that packaging is pretty hard to find. 

I have several versions of the game. I'm not even sure if one is official, or not. 

I'd warrant that my Mabel's Mansion diskette is rarer than that boxed copy of OT, but it isn't as memorable a game. 

55 minutes ago, GameGeezer said:

Inflated market value on Apple stuff these days; plus I believe that packaging is pretty hard to find. 

I have several versions of the game. I'm not even sure if one is official, or not. 

I'd warrant that my Mabel's Mansion diskette is rarer than that boxed copy of OT, but it isn't as memorable a game. 

I've got this version of OT in my collection and got it for less than a tenth of that price.

$600 now - what a deal!  I guess bidding on his own item didn't work...

Just had a look myself.  I'm seeing the auction has ended.  "Starting bid is US $800" and there are zero bids.

Nevertheless, the box and contents seem to be in very good condition.  But, no, I'd never pay that much money.