IGNORED

What system do you have the least amount of games for?

I have multiple PSP handhelds in the house but only one physical game - Worms Open Warfare. I still own that because I never took it out of the drive. I think you used to need it to boot CFW early on.

EDIT: If you count "loader" solutions like Harmony Cart or PSIO then I have Atari 2600, Intellivision, NES, SNES, DS Lite, GBA, N64, Genesis, Dreamcast, Playstation, Playstation 2 and 3DO all with "one" game. I'll soon be adding a Saturn. I already ordered a TerraOnion MODE so just need a console. :)

Edited by ClassicGMR
Added loaders

Cool idea for a thread!

For me that would be SuperGrafx. 

I have Daimakaimura, but beyond that, the system only had 5 games, and 2 enhanced games, and out of those, only Daimakaimura is actually great. Everything else is either terrible to OK but WAY overpriced, so I don't see myself actually buying a second game.

I also have a Vita with only 2 physical games, although PS+ has netted me 10 or so digital games.

9 hours ago, XtraSmiley said:

2 enhanced games

1 enhanced game. Darius Alpha is actually not SuperGrafx enhanced. It seems it was meant to be, but it looks like the devs forgot to actually turn on the SuperGrafx enhancements before the game was released. The SuperGrafx games are all actually pretty good aside from crappy Battle Ace, but 1941 Counter Attack is way too expensive.

• Like 1

NeoGeo: 1 game, no system. ?

Timex 2068: ditto

TRS-80 MC-10: 1 game tape (only three or four were officially released)

Runners-up:

ActionMax: 2 games

Microvision: 2 games

32X: 2 games

Lynx: 2 games

Famicom: 2 cartridges (one of them a Power-Joy pirate multicart)

Vectrex: 3 carts, all of them homebrews/multicarts (0 original cartridges)

On 5/15/2020 at 7:48 PM, Steven Pendleton said:

1 enhanced game. Darius Alpha is actually not SuperGrafx enhanced. It seems it was meant to be, but it looks like the devs forgot to actually turn on the SuperGrafx enhancements before the game was released. The SuperGrafx games are all actually pretty good aside from crappy Battle Ace, but 1941 Counter Attack is way too expensive.

Oh, that's interesting about DA, but everywhere I read it says it has enhancement to reduce flickering. What I can do is test it in my SuperGrafx and my TurboDuo and let you know if I see any differences. For 1941, I think at this point it's cheaper to buy the arcade PCB, but other than vert/tate, I'm not sure what differences it has.

Edited by XtraSmiley

19 minutes ago, XtraSmiley said:

Oh, that's interesting about DA, but everywhere I read it says it has enhancement to reduce flickering. What I can do is test it in my SuperGrafx and my TurboDuo and let you know if I see any differences. For 1941, I think at this point it's cheaper to buy the arcade PCB, but other than vert/tate, I'm not sure what differences it has.

Yeah, the thing with Darius Alpha is really weird. You'd think it would be the same as Darius Plus, but after some research and discussion, it seems that Darius Alpha is actually an earlier build than Darius Plus. Plus has the enhancements and they work properly, but I went through half of Alpha and there was sprite flickering on every boss that I killed. Then I messed up and lost all of my lives on 1 boss and couldn't go any further.

As for 1941 Counter Attack, I've never played the arcade version, but it seems that only the resolution, aspect ratio, and the music are different. The SuperGrafx music is pretty good, but it's too bad they didn't make it a SuperGrafx CD game with the arcade music. The game is fun enough, but I'm not sure if it's $850 fun for a CIB copy.

• Like 1

I have a loose VIC-20 cart, a boxed Atari ST game, and two Memorex VIS games. For none of those do I own the corresponding system.

For systems I actually own, I might have an Apple II game kicking around somewhere, in which case that would be the winner. Otherwise I think it's the Lynx, with 6 games.

Counting only original releases (i.e. no everdrives / flashcarts)...

SuperGrafx: 1 game (Granzort)

Sony PSP: 2 games (GT and Castlevania)

Wonderswan: 3 games

NeoGeo Pocket Color: 3 games

32X: 3 games (Zaxxon, Star wars, Madden)

PS2: 3 games (SMT Nocture and 2 others)

XBox One: 4 games (got it on a sale but barely used it)