IGNORED

Coming Soon From BSR

4 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Seems like there is demand for more than 25, maybe another 25-50 could 

get made from the same suppliers so we don't end up with a third variation of these. Lol. 

Your collector card has been revoked sir. 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Omg there really is a deep state invisible list.   The voices in my head were right all along.   

You must have been playtesting a Polybius prototype.  Maybe that's one of the releases.

So yet again an incredible rare item. Count me out, sick of this stuff. Make them available for all people who are interessted, that is fan service. This here is nothing else then artificial hype. Sad to see that the license holders are doing this again and again, nothing learned out of the Blix (or whatever that crap game was called) fiasco.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 12:30 PM, Steve Jones said:

You guys do realize these have all been previously released by Rev, right? He probably still has copies for sale.  Unless you really need that sticker, and a different cartridge shape.

Now if there were new boxes too on the other hand, I’d be buying too.

Yeah,I am out.

There is nothing really original here,except maybe a chance at a blue cart.

4 hours ago, Ignorama said:

So yet again an incredible rare item. Count me out, sick of this stuff. Make them available for all people who are interessted, that is fan service. This here is nothing else then artificial hype. Sad to see that the license holders are doing this again and again, nothing learned out of the Blix (or whatever that crap game was called) fiasco.

Great point.

I will be saving my money for food and utilities.

5 hours ago, Ignorama said:

The original Blix was limited to 30 copies because it was made by Atari homebrewers who, at that time, usually moved around 30-40 copies of games they produced. They thought that would be the extent of the demand since that had been their experience with the same scene for Atari. It's really not the "fiasco" many have made it out to be just because they were butthurt about not getting one. The same group has also made the game readily available, along with an additional title, since then so everyone could have a chance to own it. It's long since past time for people to let this incorrect take on Blix go. Especially considering there was never really any reason for all the animosity over it to begin with.

As for these BSR releases, these are titles that had been readily available for some time and are simply getting a second release. If you missed out during the first run, you now have a second shot at them. I really don't see any reason to hate on this. If you don't want them, don't buy them. Simple as that. "Fan service" is a Fan...tacy. Try producing some stuff yourself sometime and see just what kind of work and expense goes into it and then imagine getting stuck with merchandise you can't move and the costs associated with it. We're lucky to get anything new at all for such an old system especially considering there are always a few "fan service" devotees to whine and berate the people who try to create things to add to their hobby. It's the main reason why I don't really make things for wide consumption anymore. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

The original Blix was limited to 30 copies because it was made by Atari homebrewers who, at that time, usually moved around 30-40 copies of games they produced. They thought that would be the extent of the demand since that had been their experience with the same scene for Atari. It's really not the "fiasco" many have made it out to be just because they were butthurt about not getting one. The same group has also made the game readily available, along with an additional title, since then so everyone could have a chance to own it. It's long since past time for people to let this incorrect take on Blix go. Especially considering there was never really any reason for all the animosity over it to begin with.

As for these BSR releases, these are titles that had been readily available for some time and are simply getting a second release. If you missed out during the first run, you now have a second shot at them. I really don't see any reason to hate on this. If you don't want them, don't buy them. Simple as that. "Fan service" is a Fan...tacy. Try producing some stuff yourself sometime and see just what kind of work and expense goes into it and then imagine getting stuck with merchandise you can't move and the costs associated with it. We're lucky to get anything new at all for such an old system especially considering there are always a few "fan service" devotees to whine and berate the people who try to create things to add to their hobby. It's the main reason why I don't really make things for wide consumption anymore. 

You are absolutely correct about Blix.

There was no harmful or exclusive intent with the release of that game,just an underestimation of the potential demand and interest for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the1hatman said:

As for these BSR releases, these are titles that had been readily available for some time and are simply getting a second release. If you missed out during the first run, you now have a second shot at them. I really don't see any reason to hate on this.

It is very simple: BSRSteve said it himself: Bootleg, first official release. Yeah, there was a release, but he is not shy to remind us, that his is the only legit stuff. And then limits it to that pathetic numbers. I bought the first three releases, even if I had them all already, because I was interessted in buying the "real" stuff. This ended now, since the BSR prooved yes again, that they are not able to work with custumers. Its ridiculous to make such release numbers and the explanation is just awful. Artifical hype and stupid expensive reseller-prices are the result.

Worst publisher for this console, and thats a pretty tough achievement.

And with that I am out of this thread. So sick of this kind of business.

Edited by Ignorama

On 5/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, BSRSteve said:

Thanks to an arrangement with Rev, Blue Sky Rangers have acquired boxes, manuals and overlays for several games previously published as bootlegs. We will be making 25 copies of each of these available in the coming weeks. They will be using different shells and labels than the previous releases, and the boxes will be modified with stickers. Except for BSR splash screens, they should be the same ROM images as previously released, with perhaps one minor exception. I will add more details as we get closer.

Is there a list available?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Ignorama said:

It is very simple: BSRSteve said it himself: Bootleg, first official release. Yeah, there was a release, but he is not shy to remind us, that his is the only legit stuff. And then limits it to that pathetic numbers. I bought the first three releases, even if I had them all already, because I was interessted in buying the "real" stuff. This ended now, since the BSR prooved yes again, that they are not able to work with custumers. Its ridiculous to make such release numbers and the explanation is just awful. Artifical hype and stupid expensive reseller-prices are the result.

Worst publisher for this console, and thats a pretty tough achievement.

And with that I am out of this thread. So sick of this kind of business.

Pretty harsh words. How much knowledge do you have of releasing Intellivision cartridges to pass such judgement?

I'm going on some vague memories of long-ago conversations... I think that the special shells might have been made decades ago as part of an experiment when I.P. was entertaining the idea of releasing some cartridges for Intellivision. Remember, they did a few for Atari and ColecoVision -- which are much easier platforms to make homebrews for. (AND way, way cheaper, too.) I think that was around 1999 or 2000 or so... The "Retrotopia" stuff -- ColecoVision Steamroller, M-Network Sea Battle, Swordfight... Wish I had all of those.

Anyhow, I suspect those shells might be from a sample run from a test mold for a new shell... e.g. a vendor says: "Here is a small sample of the shells that we can make. If you want to actually make more, it'll cost $10,000 for the mold and then the shells are $1.00 apiece for 1000, $0.75 for 5000, etc." Maybe they never took on the cost of that mold for the shells after seeing that price and learning how difficult -- and expensive -- it was to make Intellivision cartridge boards compared to the cheapness of Atari / ColecoVision. Intellivision Productions was never a large company -- mainly a small dedicated crew.

Now, thirty twenty years later and doing a cleanup of old "boxes full of junk" and instead of taking a permanent loss on these, they're trying to do something fun with them. The shells are just taking up space, being unused, and making more is not realistic. Would it be better if it was a "secret release"? Or they are just tossed in the trash bin?

Sad to see this reaction. It's toxic, like Blix. Guess we haven't moved past that. In this case it's strictly due to limitations of available materials. That is not artificial. I bet it's simply financially not at all reasonable to make another 150 custom shells.

We don't even know the price for these items. Is it $50? $500? Or maybe the BSRs give them away to "loyal customers" as a thank you gesture? It's their stuff and they can do as they please.

And how many copies of King of the Mountain, Spiker, and Deep Pockets from the BSRs have sold? Even as many as the original "bootlegs"? No idea -- but this is not a high-volume business. Maybe they haven't even broken even on that. They're still available.

Do I want these items? Sure! It's not a secret that I'm a total idiot when it comes to buying Intellivision stuff. I've wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on it and likely will continue to do so. I'm extremely fortunate to be able to do so. As we all are, really. Will have teh sadz if I don't get these? Absolutely! Many of us will, it looks like. Oh well. Life will continue. It's stupid to get all worked up over it.

To get so angry and stomp off in a huff is an overreaction. It's not a money grab. It's more likely "Let's try to reduce our losses and clear out boxes of old stuff by making something cool that our loyal fans will like. Better than trashing it." Guess I'm still a naive optimist and assume the better nature rather than seeing an evil money-gouging Daddy Warbucks behind everything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Not sure I want to see that box art. ?

It sounds quite fun....maybe some kind of a reverse worm whomper?

Oscar can you have a working demo for us by morning? Thanks in advance!

• Haha 2