IGNORED

Coming Soon From BSR

19 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

After checking with my suppliers and possible suppliers, and cooling off a bit, here is my current plan.

All cartridges will be on LTO boards in LTO compatible shells.

I will release 25 copies each of Hard Hat, Blow Out and Space Cadet in the previous boxes (modified with some stickers), with previous manuals and overlays.  Hard Hat and Blow Out will be in the blue shells. I am considering a later release of these three games in a Party Line album in a  larger, release of 50-100 copies at least.

I expect to release 25 copies of Magic Carousel, Number Jumble and Brickout in the same way, with no followup release with new other materials.

For Land Battle and Takeover, I am more inclined to commit to making more copies available, but I don't know if I should then not use the existing box/overlay/manual materials and just make more to start with, or make 25 like the others and then make more.

Along with Party Line, I am considering a rerelease of Stadium Mud Buggies. I also have a bunch of white label Boxing cartridges with Intellivision Inc manuals, but no boxes, which I could release similar to Slap Shot, though that is a pretty cheap game and may not be worth it.

Again, the 25 cap is because that is what I have as far as manuals, boxes and overlays and I feel if I am going to reprint those I should update them.

I am in for one of each... if not too early.

Too late (I don't know if I am within the 25 unless one copy per fan rule applied, which should), too early. Damn, these will be difficult to have.

;-)

22 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

I expect to release 25 copies of Magic Carousel, Number Jumble and Brickout in the same way, with no followup release with new other materials.

Regarding Magic Carousel, will it be the same or similar ROM previously sold?  Understandably, might have some title screen change but will there be any other changes to the code?  Just curious.

I still think making 1 game with the blue shells would be the best idea, but i know you got to do what works best for you.

If you were worried the other title that didnt use the blue shells wouldnt sell as well you could sell 2 titles bundled together with 1 title having the blue shell and the other not?

Good luck however you end up doing it :)

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 4:37 PM, Ignorama said:

And with that I am out of this thread. So sick of this kind of business.

... and I think we're all getting sick of pushy, rude collectors who demand that independent/homebrew publishers conform to their personal preferences, even though they evidently understand nothing of the economics of production or distribution.  We could use a lot less of that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

... and I think we're all getting sick of pushy, rude collectors who demand that independent/homebrew publishers conform to their personal preferences, even though they evidently understand nothing of the economics of production or distribution.  We could use a lot less of that.

This may be the best post I've ever read here. In every publisher thread we get around 30 people excited about the prospect of something new for our beloved system and 1 or 2 people to hate on the idea, usually for reasons that make little to no sense.

12 hours ago, intellivotion said:

I would give jaybird3rd's statement 15 likes and 20 thanks

...and that still would not be enough!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WaveRider1970 said:

Just wondering, how do we know if we get in the first 25? If we did not hear from you by now, I supposed we are out, isn't?

I don’t think it’s happened yet.   At least I hope it hasn’t.   I just thought people were expressing interest.  

• Like 1

Sorry about the delay. Now I have received the boards, and the boxes are assembled and ready for pickup this afternoon. My plan is to put up photos, probably tomorrow, and then I will accept orders on Monday as follows:

Starting at 10AM  PDT, send me a private message listing how many games and which games you would like and in the order of preference. You can list more games that you want to buy. The games will be priced at $50 each, plus shipping. Limit of one copy of each title per person.

I am not sure exactly how I will allocate things, but if you place an order by 5PM PDT on Monday, you should get something, if you provide sufficient choices. This could be at the expense of someone at 10AM not getting everything they ask for.

For the blue label cartridges, I need to find screws that work. The ones used on the LTO shells don't catch. That could be a problem in the current environment which could delay shipment of those items. For games other than the Party Line games, I am open to reprinting them at a larger quantity, which would mean new boxes and manuals and overlays. I expect to rerelease the Party Line games as an album cartridge, as originally planned by Mattel. I do not know the timeframe in which I could get new boxes printed.

• Like 5

I have a Zoom meeting around that time. Going to have to look like I’m paying attention while I put in my request.  I’m sure I am in for 1 or 2 games.  

The album cartridge looks like something for me to wait on as I’m more interested in having the games than having ever version of the game.  

16 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

Sorry about the delay. Now I have received the boards, and the boxes are assembled and ready for pickup this afternoon. My plan is to put up photos, probably tomorrow, and then I will accept orders on Monday as follows:

Starting at 10AM  PDT, send me a private message listing how many games and which games you would like and in the order of preference. You can list more games that you want to buy. The games will be priced at $50 each, plus shipping. Limit of one copy of each title per person.

I am not sure exactly how I will allocate things, but if you place an order by 5PM PDT on Monday, you should get something, if you provide sufficient choices. This could be at the expense of someone at 10AM not getting everything they ask for.

For the blue label cartridges, I need to find screws that work. The ones used on the LTO shells don't catch. That could be a problem in the current environment which could delay shipment of those items. For games other than the Party Line games, I am open to reprinting them at a larger quantity, which would mean new boxes and manuals and overlays. I expect to rerelease the Party Line games as an album cartridge, as originally planned by Mattel. I do not know the timeframe in which I could get new boxes printed.

Hey Steve. Will they be shrink wrapped by chance?

1 hour ago, grips03 said:

Elektronite, How is it the customers fault that you sold new games with old/bad stickers?  Good luck with future sales having this attitude.

I never said it was the customer's fault. You're putting words in my mouth. 

They tend to come off. They can be easily fixed with a swipe of a glue stick. If that's not good enough, you can print your own. File attached. 

Hover_Bovver_Sticker_PDF.pdf

• Like 2

1. Apply a thin layer of rubber cement to cartridge

2. Apply a thin layer of rubber cement to back of label

3. Let dry

4. Carefully apply label

5. Use a dry paper towel to rub off any excess glue

Like new!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

Hey Steve. Will they be shrink wrapped by chance?

No, these will not be shrink wrapped, just as the original releases were not. We have been doing shrink=wrap as a two-person operation, and those two people are not currently getting together. 

• Thanks 1

Here are the pictures of the boxes, front and back, the cartridges, manuals and overlays.  The boxes are not shrink wrapped.

As indicated before, prices are $50 per title person, limit one copy each. The run is limited to 25 copies, one of which I will keep and one is reserved for Rev as part of the deal for the other materials.

Delivery of the blue shells is dependent upon my ability to find a way to seal them, whether it be longer screws or glue (those seem to be the two choices).

Other than the party line games, I will consider printing revised boxes, manuals and overlays for a larger run of any game that warrant it. This would possibly be INSTEAD of releasing these stickered boxes and would obviously mean a longer wait. Those boxes could possibly come in shrink and may also cost a little more.

I will try to get something to anyone that places an order in the window of 10AM PDT to 5PM PDT tomorrow. People who order earlier are more likely to get more items. People who have traded with me to get me items on my want list may receive preferred treatment. It is not too late to become one of those people. (I will note that for some of the variations, I can supply a different variation to replace it). 

ReleaseAnnouncement - 1.jpg

ReleaseAnnouncement - 2.jpg

ReleaseAnnouncement - 3.jpg

ReleaseAnnouncement - 4.jpg

ReleaseAnnouncement - 5.jpg

ReleaseAnnouncement - 6.jpg

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

I never said it was the customer's fault. You're putting words in my mouth. 

They tend to come off. They can be easily fixed with a swipe of a glue stick. If that's not good enough, you can print your own. File attached. 

Hover_Bovver_Sticker_PDF.pdf 647.72 kB · 5 downloads

Thank you for this, I'd screwed up the label on one of mine when it peeled, and now I can print and fix. Much appreciated.

5 hours ago, gunoz said:

Thank you for this, I'd screwed up the label on one of mine when it peeled, and now I can print and fix. Much appreciated.

If you print on glossy paper and cover the label with clear packing tape (like lamination) with no seams or creases and then cut it out neatly and glue it to the cartridge as I described earlier it'll look nice and last forever.

Only a couple of hours left and only a little over half of the 25 copies are claimed. Further, a lot of people who said to count them in have not responded. I am trying to figure out whether to continue with my announced plan or print up new boxes, manuals, etc to have the larger release that lots of people wanted.

• Like 2

Nothing has sold out, so I am leaving orders open through the end of the week, when I expect to receive the screws that I expect to work with the blue shells. At that time, I can start fulfilling orders. There is still a chance that I will make new boxes for some of these games, but so far, that has not been necessary, though still quite a few people did not follow through on their "count me in"

• Like 1

If I get enough interest, I will get new boxes, manuals and overlays and make additional copies. These would be INSTEAD of the modified boxes from Rev. So far, there is not enough interest, so except for possibly making the Party Line album cartridge, the rest of these games will likely be just these 25, unless the interest level is up by the end of the week.

• Like 3