IGNORED

Coming Soon From BSR

5 hours ago, Humblejack said:

Now I'm wondering who stuck these on, Karen or Steve.  Your's is Blow Out, mine Hard Hat???

Hey, I'll send you my "Hard Hat" for yours.  Maybe I should go for a full set of 8 upside-down BSR sticker boxes.  ?

• Haha 2

On 6/10/2020 at 10:23 PM, BSRSteve said:

So, unless I have been talking to you otherwise, you should have received an invoice if you ordered. If you paid your invoice, it should have shipped in the last three days.

The remaining stock has been put up on eBay (at the same price)

Pulled the eBay trigger on Land Battle.  Now I need a friend to play with.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Pulled the eBay trigger on Land Battle.  Now I need a friend to play with.  

I have always wondered if one of these smart Intellivisioneers could turn Land Battle and Takeover into 1 Player games. I have always wanted to play them but alas, no one to play with.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

I have always wondered if one of these smart Intellivisioneers could turn Land Battle and Takeover into 1 Player games. I have always wanted to play them but alas, no one to play with.

My friend and I use to look at the old gaming magazines every month hoping for info or pictures of Land Battle.  Always wondering what it could be like.  It never showed up and we moved on.   Now that Land Battle is on the way to me I just need to find that old friend.  If any of you see Tom at Xerox tell him to come over.  GAME ON!!!!

1 hour ago, Humblejack said:

That's the stuff David Harley does to existing 2 player games he likes,make a one player edition release.

I tried to talk him into creating one player Sea Battle.He was considering it. Send him a message!?

You are right,that would be great.?

Edited by wolfy62
Adding info.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Brickout and Takeover arrived today.  So far only played Brickout.

Observations:

1: Instructions and box indicate a 1 Player Game but if I start by hitting the 2 key there are two paddles (one blue and one orange).  These are controlled independently with the two controllers indicating this is a 2 player co-operative mode with one shared score.

2: Choosing different starting speeds also affects the number of energy balls you start with(10 or 5).  Manual implies you get 20 energy balls.  

3: The overlays indicate you can move left and right with the 7 and 9 key.  I could not get this to work (many balls were lost trying).  My controllers are working fine.

The Brickout on the intellivision lives cd moves left/right with keypad 7 and 9.  That one is for one player only and runs slower with the different exec speeds.  The version on the cartridge has been modified.  Starting with keypad 3 might give you twenty balls.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hijacking this thread back to myself, I will take the occasion of Keith Robinson's 65th birthday today to announce the next title from Blue Sky Rangers. Release date probably in November (I was kind of hoping to be able to hit the abandoned 10/10/20 Amico date, but it is not going to happen). I will announce a second title at that time.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 3.39.47 PM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

55 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

Hijacking this thread back to myself, I will take the occasion of Keith Robinson's 65th birthday today to announce the next title from Blue Sky Rangers. Release date probably in November (I was kind of hoping to be able to hit the abandoned 10/10/20 Amico date, but it is not going to happen). I will announce a second title at that time.

Save one (possibly of each) for me.  Very much appreciated.