IGNORED

Coming Soon From BSR

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Looking at Intellivision.us this happened a few years ago I think.   I bought the ROM from them last year.

Right, but that's considered a "bootleg" release, like the first run of King Of The Mountain and other unfinished/unreleased Mattel games like Land Battle and Brickout.  If Choplifter got an "official" BSR release, that would be awesome.  Or for all we know, it's something brand new with the BSR label.  I wouldn't mind seeing a finished version of Space Shuttle.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Zendocon said:

Right, but that's considered a "bootleg" release, like the first run of King Of The Mountain and other unfinished/unreleased Mattel games like Land Battle and Brickout.  If Choplifter got an "official" BSR release, that would be awesome.  Or for all we know, it's something brand new with the BSR label.  I wouldn't mind seeing a finished version of Space Shuttle.

Its going to be the same rom,so does it really matter which version you have?

Is it really less official if it's exactly the same game?

Which came first,the chicken or the egg?

As long as we have both,it still works well for everyone.

The bootlegs may not be official,but they will always be harder to acquire. 

Edited by wolfy62
Added content.
  • Like 1

True.  I personally don't care that I have a bunch of the "bootleg" releases.  I also don't care that it took a re-release for me to acquire a physical copy of Spiker or Stadium Mud Buggies.  I'll be happy to get a copy of Choplifter someday too, whether or not that's the other BSR release.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zendocon said:

True.  I personally don't care that I have a bunch of the "bootleg" releases.  I also don't care that it took a re-release for me to acquire a physical copy of Spiker or Stadium Mud Buggies.  I'll be happy to get a copy of Choplifter someday too, whether or not that's the other BSR release.

I'm the same.  I'm happy with my BSR Spiker and will be all over the BSR Stadium Mud Buggies.  Now if only we could get a BSR version of the Learning Fun carts.  I will at least play Spiker and SMB but would never play those games so could never justify paying those prices.

56 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

...Now if only we could get a BSR version of the Learning Fun carts.

I vote for Learning Fun 3 as a new BSR release.  Include the following edutainment games.

Classics:

Math Master

Factor Fun

Word Rockets

Word Hunt

Crosswords

Memory Fun

All New Games:

Word Rockets II:  Now With Curse Words

Sudoku

Oregon Trail

More?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/10/2020 at 3:17 PM, JasonlikesINTV said:

I vote for Learning Fun 3 as a new BSR release.  Include the following edutainment games.

Classics:

Math Master

Factor Fun

Word Rockets

Word Hunt

Crosswords

Memory Fun

All New Games:

Word Rockets II:  Now With Curse Words

Sudoku

Oregon Trail

More?

As a fan of both Word Rockets and swearing, I second this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

Everyone needs to start posting swear words to be added to the game

I'll start:

Dagnabbit

Balderdash

Phooey

Battlestar Galactica: Frak Felgercarb

Clockwork Orange: Yarbles

Farscape: Frell

Hitchhikers Guide Galaxy: Zark

Judge Dredd: Bastich

Mork: Shazbot

Red Dwarf: Smeg

Smurfs: Smurf

Last one might present a smurfing legal challenge from the mother smurfing copyright owners.   

Edited by Sinjinhawke
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I said I would announce a second title last weekend, but Amico had their big announcement and we have been running a little late as well. So, instead, I will announce a couple of things. First, we will be getting the parts for around 100 copies of Defender of the Crown and hope to have them assembled and ready to sell by the end of November. The previously announced Stadium Mud Buggies will probably not quite make that date, along with our next BSR title, released as originally planned for 1984:

PartyLine.JPG

Edited by BSRSteve
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1