Jump to content
BSRSteve

Coming Soon From BSR

Recommended Posts

If I did make more copies, I would have to make new boxes, so then the boxes would be different. Might also have to reprint manuals, so would make modifications there as well.

 

Two of the games are using the blue running man shells that Keith had made some time ago. There are only 51 of those, so that will use all of those shells. Those will be two of the Party Line games. If we make more, we will merge those three into one cartridge as originally planned. (Hint #1).

 

Oh, and I will be keeping one each for myself, so really only 24......

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've already gotten most of the unreleased "bootleg" releases, but I'll be interested to see what the games are.  If one of them is Super NASL soccer, count me in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stupus said:

Yep, they are gone! Lol

When did this thread turn into a reservation list? Post #4 I guess, but didn't see anything official that way from Steve. Just an announcement and thought he'd offer for sale *after* they were ready to ship and the titles were announced.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, save2600 said:

When did this thread turn into a reservation list? Post #4 I guess, but didn't see anything official that way from Steve. Just an announcement and thought he'd offer for sale *after* they were ready to ship and the titles were announced.

Actually I wasn't reserving anything (pretty sure BSRSteve has the only reservation). I was just trying to hypnotize some people (they know who they are) from grabbing up everything and leaving some scraps for us mere mortals.  Funny how excited we get when we don't even know what the games are. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Each here too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

If I did make more copies, I would have to make new boxes, so then the boxes would be different. Might also have to reprint manuals, so would make modifications there as well.

 

Two of the games are using the blue running man shells that Keith had made some time ago. There are only 51 of those, so that will use all of those shells. Those will be two of the Party Line games. If we make more, we will merge those three into one cartridge as originally planned. (Hint #1).

 

Oh, and I will be keeping one each for myself, so really only 24......

Maybe those blue carts should be just for one game...it would spread the love...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, save2600 said:

When did this thread turn into a reservation list? Post #4 I guess, but didn't see anything official that way from Steve. Just an announcement and thought he'd offer for sale *after* they were ready to ship and the titles were announced.

So do you want your name on the invisible list or not?

You didn't specify.😄

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

Thanks to an arrangement with Rev, Blue Sky Rangers have acquired boxes, manuals and overlays for several games previously published as bootlegs. We will be making 25 copies of each of these available in the coming weeks. They will be using different shells and labels than the previous releases, and the boxes will be modified with stickers. Except for BSR splash screens, they should be the same ROM images as previously released, with perhaps one minor exception. I will add more details as we get closer.

Please count me in for 1 CIB copy for all games. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

So do you want your name on the invisible list or not?

You didn't specify.😄

Omg there really is a deep state invisible list.   The voices in my head were right all along.   

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

If I did make more copies, I would have to make new boxes, so then the boxes would be different. Might also have to reprint manuals, so would make modifications there as well.

 

Two of the games are using the blue running man shells that Keith had made some time ago. There are only 51 of those, so that will use all of those shells. Those will be two of the Party Line games. If we make more, we will merge those three into one cartridge as originally planned. (Hint #1).

 

Oh, and I will be keeping one each for myself, so really only 24......

So I don't know if this will be a popular or unpopular idea:

Don't allow anyone to buy more than 1/2 the number of games you're releasing. So if you're releasing 4 games, don't allow any individual to buy more than 2.

That way it isn't just "the 24 biggest-pocketbook sealed-box collectors" who get all of the games, and they never circulate or even get played - just sit on those 24 shelves forever. (I would absolutely open and play.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, save2600 said:

When did this thread turn into a reservation list? Post #4 I guess, but didn't see anything official that way from Steve. Just an announcement and thought he'd offer for sale *after* they were ready to ship and the titles were announced.

Lol, yes it wasnt...i dont think....is it?? Just my commentary on how badly 25 copies will work in this community :)

I definitely agree this should be limited to 1 per person but even still will be less than half of whats needed to even start to quench this community's drunken thurst :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BBWW said:

Maybe those blue carts should be just for one game...it would spread the love...

 

This!!!!^^^^^

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys do realize these have all been previously released by Rev, right? He probably still has copies for sale.  Unless you really need that sticker, and a different cartridge shape.

 

Now if there were new boxes too on the other hand, I’d be buying too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To clarify, I’m not currently selling any Mattel titles. I’m happy BSR is (re)releasing them! I hope they are well received and everyone enjoys whichever version they have and appreciate all the efforts  to make them feel like they were original releases in the 80’s. 
 

Thanks all. 
 

Kind of related to Mattel, coming soon:

 

Triple Challenge 2 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, stupus said:

Lol, yes it wasnt...i dont think....is it?? Just my commentary on how badly 25 copies will work in this community :)

I definitely agree this should be limited to 1 per person but even still will be less than half of whats needed to even start to quench this community's drunken thurst :D

I just think it needs to be pointed out that I never thought I would hear the use of "drunken thrust" in relation to this forum.  Bravo.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have both drunken thurst and thrust here for sure ;)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And thirst too :)

And fat fingers to top it off!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like there is demand for more than 25, maybe another 25-50 could 

get made from the same suppliers so we don't end up with a third variation of these. Lol. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...