IGNORED

#FujiNet Hardware Discussion

I have done some, getting my XEL to use the PBI bios to boot off the APT partition of my CFIII into SDX and using fn tools to look at remote mounts. I stopped when I hit problems with the tools while you were rewriting and I haven't gone back to it other than just briefly since.

On 8/28/2020 at 9:02 AM, mozzwald said:

I got the v1.1 boards and built one unit. All is well in my testing so far. A 1088XEL user is already lined up to get one and give it a full test.

I still need to add support for the new gpio button in the firmware. This button is in place of hard reset and will be used for "safe reset" by unmounting the uSD card before doing a soft reset. Code will be able to detect new button due to it being pulled up so the same firmware will work for 1.0 and 1.1 boards.

Hard reset has been moved to a snap dome pad on the front near the SIO LED. I likely wont populate it in production as you can power off/on the FujiNet to get the same functionality.

I did not change the uSD socket to a push/push style. I could not find a socket small enough to fit in the same spot as the current one. This upgrade will require putting the socket on the opposite side and a case modification.

IMG_20200826_214753598_1.thumb.jpg.d56349019b1f8b06730ebadedac0da4f.jpg

IMG_20200826_215110669_1.thumb.jpg.bd78a11396db93236c6648bccd0df88f.jpg

Hi Mozzwald,

I still see only v1.0 board and schematics released.  I went looking for the buffer chip you indicated on an earlier snap of the new 1.1 schematics and I am not finding that part #. 

Am I reading it right?   Is that a Q or a G?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dropcheck said:

Hi Mozzwald,

I still see only v1.0 board and schematics released.  I went looking for the buffer chip you indicated on an earlier snap of the new 1.1 schematics and I am not finding that part #. 

Am I reading it right?   Is that a Q or a G?

Only 1.0 is released now. I am working on another revision when time allows. Relevant update to the schematic for 1088xel is in this thread. This is the part used https://www.ti.com/product/SN74LVC2G07

RE: Power Switch, I'll look for something better. Until then, stop abusing your fujinet :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

RE: Power Switch, I'll look for something better. Until then, stop abusing your fujinet

In my case the switch does NOT want to go to the Up (on) position unless you force. It clicks down to Off easily but simply won't go up without force. It was like that when I got it. The switch on the prior 1.0 unit I had did not have that issue. *shrug*

17 hours ago, mozzwald said:

Only 1.0 is released now. I am working on another revision when time allows. Relevant update to the schematic for 1088xel is in this thread. This is the part used https://www.ti.com/product/SN74LVC2G07

RE: Power Switch, I'll look for something better. Until then, stop abusing your fujinet :D

No problem.  Just trying to keep up.  ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Stop shrinking the components! Those of us with bad eyes and shakey hands can't build them :D

Maybe a home made variant of Fujinet can be build with this 16MB module?  (with SD reader included).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QDFP3WC/

Few changes to the pin definition will be needed. I found it in Ebay from a seller located in Germany as well. 

I haven't tried myself with this particular module, but I was able to boot Atari with another module (4MB only) by changing the pin definitions for the SD card and the motor_ctrl and Command signals.

EDIT: Is it possible to add more esp32 variants to the source code? Easily? so people who wants and like to build one with some (more common) already assembled module can get their Fujinet?  That way those DIY guys and gals can have some fun connecting the signals to the SIO connector and adding the resistors, switches, etc.

Edited by manterola