IGNORED

#FujiNet Hardware Discussion

Just now, manterola said:

Another option, since there is space available in the 1030, is to fit the new 1030 compatible fujinet together with the 1030 modem board,  and add more holes for leds and switches. That way you don't need to kill a working 1030. They both can live happy together in the same enclosure. 

but-why.gif.4be32a36d7dfbd435023c18892e42c80.gif

It is just sad to throw the internals away... ?

Anyway, it looks like we are in the brainstorming phase of this. 

Seriously, it just simply satisfying to see the 1030 boot by itself the Atari computer with terminal program and handler, ready to use. That is the beauty of Atari 8 Bits, it was designed to be simple for the masses. 

Edited by manterola

Hello guys

9 hours ago, manterola said:

That's how I feel about this too.  Even if I only put the original motherboard/PCB away somewhere and even if, like the 1030, it can't even be used overhere (the 1030 only did 300 baud at the Bell standard, not the CCITT standard).

There is plenty of room inside the 1030 housing left for something like the FujiNet.  Plus the 1030 has an unused connector inside that has most of the signals needed.

Sincerely

Mathy

Hello mozzwald

11 hours ago, mozzwald said:

In the mean time, I'm happy as a clam with my 3D printed plastics. If they break (not likely), I'll make more.

Unless you redesign them, you'll have to make holes in the top and bottom of the 1030 case.  That kinda defeats the purpose.  ;-)

Sincerely

Mathy

9 hours ago, manterola said:

Anyway, it looks like we are in the brainstorming phase of this.

I understand it seems like a waste to not use the original board. At least you can salvage the 2 SIO ports and put them on the FujiNet board. For me, I see no point in keeping the original board. I can't even remember the last time I had a landline. Put one original 1030 in a museum, make the rest FujiNets :P 

19 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Unless you redesign them, you'll have to make holes in the top and bottom of the 1030 case.  That kinda defeats the purpose.

Lol, I see, you thought I was using the actual FujiNet connectors in the 1030 ? no, that would be silly. I whipped up that design in about 30 minutes from the v1.3 schematic just to show where everything would go. I have yet to design a part in Diptrace for the original SIO connector.

Very fond memories of the 1030!  The first time I ever saw a BBS was back in 1987, my friend Joe Cochran had a 1200XL and a 1030.  I think at the time his brother had a 286.  Soon after, I saved up my money and got an XM301.  Still have it :)

Over at the ABBUC forums user "Bernd" has posted the following regarding the schematics of v1.3:

The output U4 (74LS07) at pin 6 SIO_DATAIN is open collector and needs a pull up resistor of 4.7k to +5V.

Depending on the line length and with Pokey divisor 0, the signal gets deformed, because bus termination does not take place.  The terminating resistor provides a square wave signal.

I just copied the information without knowledge. In case of questions please ask Bernd.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DjayBee said:

Over at the ABBUC forums user "Bernd" has posted the following regarding the schematics of v1.3:

The output U4 (74LS07) at pin 6 SIO_DATAIN is open collector and needs a pull up resistor of 4.7k to +5V.

Depending on the line length and with Pokey divisor 0, the signal gets deformed, because bus termination does not take place.  The terminating resistor provides a square wave signal.

I just copied the information without knowledge. In case of questions please ask Bernd.

Can you provide a link to the original post?

On 1/15/2021 at 9:06 AM, DjayBee said:

Thank you DjayBee for the translation. I used the 74LS07 in the Sdrive Max 3 years ago. The SIO interface was blocked. The 74LS07 ensures a clean bus termination. I checked the level adjustment with the oscilloscope. Here is the link with the pictures .

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.abbuc.de/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f%3D15%26t%3D9451%26start%3D100

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

im looking to order the parts from mouser to make a Fujinet and im struggling to obtain the Wifi module: M213DH2864PH3Q0 - its out of stock and states its now obsolete. However it does suggest M213EH2864PH3Q0 - can anyone advise if this is compatible?

cheers

12 minutes ago, xrbrevin said:

im looking to order the parts from mouser to make a Fujinet and im struggling to obtain the Wifi module: M213DH2864PH3Q0 - its out of stock and states its now obsolete. However it does suggest M213EH2864PH3Q0 - can anyone advise if this is compatible?

cheers

Yes, the WROVER-E module replaces the B module

• Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 8:44 PM, Ripdubski said:

I should have posted more details.  My ideal board would be one that has the following features:

-Drop in replacement board, which can use the existing mount points

-spring loaded sd slot exposed through rear bezel where telco jack would go

-SIO in and out in the obvious rear bezel SIO holes

-reset switch where power plug goes on back bezel

-power light (white on FujiNet) as red power light on front bezel

-activity light (amber on FujiNet) as red ready light on front bezel

-on off switch on front bezel in 1030 stock location

-bluetooth light (somewhere on back bezel)

-left and middle buttons located to from bezel on the diagonal portion (tiny holes to be drilled to expose two small black buttons)

-(edit) I forgot the USB port.  Maybe stacked with the SD card, or a vertical orientation on the back somewhere.

The reason I want the 1030 is I prefer the style over the XE style.

Happy to reasonably contribute $ to make it happen.

I bought a 1.0 Fujinet from The Brewing Academy for my 800, but have been planning on converting my 1030 into a wi-fi modem for my 1200XL long before Fujinet was started. I'm still going to do this with my 1030 for a version 1.3 (or better-depending on if 1.4 or higher comes along in the meantime). I have a similar idea of using it's SIO and LED's and PSU switch, etc. in my plan as well. My current plan is to keep the original 1030 board in there as it make a perfect mounting platform for the current SIO ports, LED's and power switch already in place, cut traces in suitable places and just use whatever board is available for Fujinet 1.3 mounted on the front bezel and make a slit for the SD card slot, then just run jumper wires & cables to the LED's, on/off switch and SIO & PSU port in the back and use a USB PSU with the proper barrel plug for it. The BT LED would be added to the front bezel as well. So only one new slit and one new hole in the front bezel is all I need to do to the 1030 case. Though I do think I'll change out the red LED's for white and orange, or at least one white for the wi-fi.

I'd be interested in a board for the 1030 if anyone makes more besides for themselves.

Edited by Gunstar