IGNORED

#FujiNet Hardware Discussion

At the risk of irritating people, I recommend taking these posts on recompiling the current firmware for a deprecated hardware version to the proper thread.   This thread deals with the hardware, not even firmware, of the current version.  Perhaps the sysop can move them to the right thread.  ?

• Like 2

Just now, Dropcheck said:

At the risk of irritating people, I recommend taking these posts on recompiling the current firmware for a deprecated hardware version to the proper thread.   This thread deals with the hardware, not even firmware, of the current version.  Perhaps the sysop can move them to the right thread.  ?

Yeah, let's bifurcate this thread.

-Thom

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been said in a previous message but I did not find the answer to my question.

What are the differences between revision 1.0 and 1.1 from a user (buyer) perpective?

Are there some features in the firmare/software only available with hardware revision 1.1, meaning one should wait for the 1.1 to be available from sellers?

1 minute ago, ebiguy said:

Sorry if this has been said in a previous message but I did not find the answer to my question.

What are the differences between revision 1.0 and 1.1 from a user (buyer) perpective?

Are there some features in the firmare/software only available with hardware revision 1.1, meaning one should wait for the 1.1 to be available from sellers?

I'll be skipping v1.1, only 10 were made. Just pretend it doesn't exist. I am working on a v1.2 that fixes issues listed here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 6:59 AM, Mr Robot said:

You can set up a bit of software on your PC called TNFSD which you point to a directory on your computer, while TNFSD is running you can point your Fujinet at it and browse that directory on your Atari just like you would browse the SD card on your SDrive. If you want to add something new, just put it in the shared directory and it instantly becomes visible on your atari.

My FujiNet is coming tomorrow and I'm trying to set up the TNFS Server part tonight on my PC and trying to piece together all the information to make that work. I think I got it down to (which I'm paraphrasing from a post made by Thom sometime in the past):

CMD

cd C:\tnfs    <-- directory I put tfnsd.exe in, then...

tnfsd C:\Atari Resources\TNFS data

But then I'm getting an error saying this doesn't work on my 64-bit Windows PC "This version of C:\tnfs\tnfsd.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.". I guess I'm not using the right version? Where is the right version?

Thanks for any pointers!

Dave

4 minutes ago, DocSavage2001 said:

My FujiNet is coming tomorrow and I'm trying to set up the TNFS Server part tonight on my PC and trying to piece together all the information to make that work. I think I got it down to (which I'm paraphrasing from a post made by Thom sometime in the past):

CMD

But then I'm getting an error saying this doesn't work on my 64-bit Windows PC "This version of C:\tnfs\tnfsd.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.". I guess I'm not using the right version? Where is the right version?

Thanks for any pointers!

Dave

What version of Windows are you running?

-Thom

29 minutes ago, DocSavage2001 said:

CMD

Thanks for any pointers!

Dave

You can download tnfsd for windows 10 from https://fujinet.online/download

if you have anymore software issues, please use the other thread here 

@Fred Olivas this thread is about hardware discussion, but, you can put any ATR, ATX, or XEX files on the card, in whatever folders you wish. 

You can, for example, put THIS on the SD card, it gives a selection of DOS and utilities.

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-sd-card/archive/sd-card-2020-10-08.zip

As for flashing, you just need to download the fujinet flasher:

https://fujinet.online/download/

Grab, unpack, run. Select the USB serial port that the FujiNet exposes. It will download the latest image from our servers, and flash your device. 

You can then see the new version of the software running by going to the Fujinet's web server http://fujinet/

-Thom

• Like 1

Much appreciated. I think I've got it (sort of).  What I'm having trouble with is figuring out how to get onto a BBS. ANY BBS!  I've run the terminal programs, ANSITerm, BobTerm, Chameleon, FlickerTerm, all without success. How does one make it work?  I enter phone numbers, none work. Do I place a 1 at the beginning. What about the area code? Parentheses or not?  Nothing I've tried works. Oh and what about the modem setup. What to do. Is there a newbies ten guide somewhere?  I'd love to explore this feature of FujiNet, which is one of the reasons I got one. 

26 minutes ago, Fred Olivas said:

I enter phone numbers, none work. Do I place a 1 at the beginning. What about the area code? Parentheses or not?

FujiNet is a not a telephone interface - you can only access sites on the internet, emulating Telnet-style BBS’es. So even though you’re typing “ATDT” or whatever to start the connection, the “phone number” is really an IP address or internet URL for the BBS.

On 10/19/2020 at 8:30 PM, mozzwald said:

You can download tnfsd for windows 10 from https://fujinet.online/download

if you have anymore software issues, please use the other thread here 

Sure would be nice if a moderator can "un-ban" me from"#FujiNet - a WIP SIO Network Adapter for the Atari 8-bit"

Thanks,

Jay

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

FujiNet is a not a telephone interface - you can only access sites on the internet, emulating Telnet-style BBS’es. So even though you’re typing “ATDT” or whatever to start the connection, the “phone number” is really an IP address or internet URL for the BBS.

Okay so where does one type in the required info?  I've only seen dial a number. Is there a hidden menu?  How does one learn?  I've not seen any helpful info to digest. 

43 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

I am sure the moderators might consider it, if you apologize to @mozzwald.

I never insulted him...  And NO, I DIDN'T STEAL FROM HIM, as you said I did...

The Ice Cream Sandwich board was offered to me freely if I shared my work, as I have done.  There was no stipulation on posting my complete source code...

5 hours ago, Fred Olivas said:

Okay so where does one type in the required info?  I've only seen dial a number. Is there a hidden menu?  How does one learn?  I've not seen any helpful info to digest. 

on the terminal screen, type AT and hit return

if it replies OK you are in the right place

type ATDTbbs.fozztexx.com and hit return

6 hours ago, tschak909 said:

I am sure the moderators might consider it, if you apologize to @mozzwald.

5 hours ago, AtariGeezer said:

The Ice Cream Sandwich board was offered to me freely if I shared my work, as I have done.  There was no stipulation on posting my complete source code...

This is over and done with. I don't need an apology. Game over. End of story. Drop it. Get over it. STFU about this.

jeez, children

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AtariGeezer said:

It looks like you insulted @tschak909 so it's him you should apologise to, then ask @jaybird3rd to unblock you

We're a community of fellows, not a bunch of adversaries. You could have been a (very welcome) part of the fujinet project, instead you chose a different path and come out of this with a free (but now redundant) beta fujinet, looking like a dick. 

There is nothing stopping you (and I think everyone would like it) if you just apologise to @tschak909 for the insulting stuff you said, apologise to @mozzwald for acting like a dick, and started to join in with making this device live up to its potential along with the rest of the team. 

Edited by Mr Robot
Strikethrough
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

It looks like you insulted @tschak909 so it's him you should apologise to, then ask @jaybird3rd to unblock you

19 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

Drop it.

Ok, ok, ok... When I said "drop it", I meant everyone. I don't want to hear about it or anything not hardware related here. This thread is titled "#FujiNet Hardware Discussion", not "complaints department".

If you want to argue about this nonsense anymore, do it in private or start a complaints thread. 

(everything in bold and underline should be considered as yelling at the top of my lungs, got it?)

15 hours ago, Fred Olivas said:

Much appreciated. I think I've got it (sort of).  What I'm having trouble with is figuring out how to get onto a BBS. ANY BBS!  I've run the terminal programs, ANSITerm, BobTerm, Chameleon, FlickerTerm, all without success. How does one make it work?  I enter phone numbers, none work. Do I place a 1 at the beginning. What about the area code? Parentheses or not?  Nothing I've tried works. Oh and what about the modem setup. What to do. Is there a newbies ten guide somewhere?  I'd love to explore this feature of FujiNet, which is one of the reasons I got one. 

15 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

11 hours ago, Fred Olivas said:

5 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

on the terminal screen, type AT and hit return

if it replies OK you are in the right place

type ATDTbbs.fozztexx.com and hit return

Here is where the phonebook can be useful to have a phonebook (maybe preset to the more common Atari BBS) . Many people never used AT commands to connect to BBS, they used the dialing menu and phonebooks of terminal programs.

Edit: I was trying to refocus the attention to the Fujinet device, but I realized this is also off-topic (not hardware related). Sorry

Edited by manterola