IGNORED

Games, doodles and demos

Muddyfunster

Man, I stop watching the forums for a week and come back to stuff like this :)

I'm amazed!  As folks mentioned above, any one of these would be incredible, but taken together this is unbelievable - I'd love to see where any of these projects go!

It's also stuff like this that motivates me to do better work as well.  Thank you for posting!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Revontuli said:

It's also stuff like this that motivates me to do better work as well.  

Thanks @Revontuli. To be honest, I look at the work you and @mksmith@PacManPlus & others have done (both new and old) and that motivates me to do my best work. The bar was already high, you guys constantly set new levels of awesome :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Muddyfunster said:

Thanks @Revontuli. To be honest, I look at the work you and @mksmith@PacManPlus & others have done (both new and old) and that motivates me to do my best work. The bar was already high, you guys constantly set new levels of awesome :)

There seems to be a real surge happening now for the 7800 which is brilliant. Looking forward to seeing you all continue to push the bar forward ?

• Like 6

On 5/19/2020 at 12:26 AM, mksmith said:

Looks great Muddy - contact me if you need a hand with the bank-switching. Millie and Molly is configured across various banks ?

Thanks Matt, appreciate that and I'll no doubt take you up on that kind offer.

Infact, I've been building a small list of queries for you and @RevEng :)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, gambler172 said:
16 hours ago, Gray Defender said:

Yeah, there's no secrets here, ha ha...

Wow....show,what you have ?

I can't unfortunately, the bas file is a jumble mess that uses the platforming code ripped from @Synthpopalooza's Sky Scraper game and a horizontal scrolling demo code I found on the forums. Once I'll clean it up, I'll post the bas file for further proofreading.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ZippyRedPlumber said:

I can't unfortunately, the bas file is a jumble mess that uses the platforming code ripped from @Synthpopalooza's Sky Scraper game and a horizontal scrolling demo code I found on the forums. Once I'll clean it up, I'll post the bas file for further proofreading.

maybe ask Reveng for help ?

Post a thread in the forums, and ask there. There's a lot of people who are now up to speed with 7800basic, and I'm just one guy. Let's share the love. :D 

I'll gladly answer questions and help out as much as I can, but if we do it in public, more people will benefit from the answers.

• Like 6

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 4:07 PM, RevEng said:

Post a thread in the forums, and ask there. There's a lot of people who are now up to speed with 7800basic, and I'm just one guy. Let's share the love. :D 

I'll gladly answer questions and help out as much as I can, but if we do it in public, more people will benefit from the answers.

Already have, thanks for the suggestions :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working on EXO a lot recently and it's now starting to look like a game with lots of the engine fleshed out. The last update vid was well received, so here's another :) Comments, suggestions, feedback appreciated. (was going to drop the vid on the first post but I can't edit it - dropping here instead).

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 15

Some doodles I did recently, just messing about converting some ST images to the 7800.

4 of the characters from The Bitmap Brothers' Chaos Engine - I love Dan Malone's art style.

Hit fire to flip between screens.

Doodle_Chaos_Engine_Thug_Merc_Preacher_Navvie.a78

Edited by Muddyfunster
  • Like 7

On 6/17/2020 at 7:24 PM, SlidellMan said:

Exo is looking quite good, and you did an excellent job on the collision detection, shooting, and level design. Things that I am still trying to figure out for my game.

Level 1 is mostly done and the engine is also now mostly done, just 2 or 3 things to add and polish. I'd say the game is about 20% done in total. 3 more levels and various other elements to be added. 

Right now i'm suffering from scope creep - I keep thinking of things to add and I'm running out of space in my design scheme ? so I'm having to be strict and prioritise the key items.

• Like 2