IGNORED

1010 Button repair or 3D print?

adam1977

Has anyone 3D printed new buttons for their 1010 cassette deck? I've just picked one up cheap and two of the buttons are broken. I've looked on Thingiverse to see if there's any files to download but I can't find any, a Google search didn't come up with anything either ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got round to having a stab at it today.

i received a 1010 that looked like its mouth had lost a fight with a cricket bat - all keys were damaged. 2 were bonded to a functional state but were misaligned and full of claggy glue.

so here is the .stl file and a few sample images.

i recommend using a support and i had to ream out the axle hole a bit but i ended up with a really nice fit

1010 key cad.jpg

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2044.JPG

IMG_2045.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

1010 key.stl

• Like 6

Nice for sure.  But is the plastic strong enough?  The huge design fail of the 1010 is the ludicrously long thin finger that has to activate a mechanism that requires a fair amount of pressure.

And the even bigger failure is that the required pressure increments with each extra button, ie play then play/rec then play/rec/pause (though you soon enough learnt to just leave pause alone.  I might have used it as a replacement for another failed button one time.