IGNORED

MyIDE-II help

avanze

Yes, but you have to load MyBios first.  And in some cases you still might not be able to avoid the reset.

Try this...

When you cold boot, first select MyBios. 

At the MyBios screen press/hold Help.

At the Help/Main-menu screen press  C.

Now press/hold Shift+Control+Caps.

Then press/hold Shift+Control.

Now select Fat32 loader, and run game. 

When you want to switch games,  press/hold Shift+Control+Caps again.

Then press/hold Shift+Control again.

Select fat32 again and a new game.

...etc...rinse and repeat as needed.

It's not going to work for some games though.  

If pressing Shift+Control+Caps doesn't do anything when you want to switch games, try holding down Help and then press Reset (while keeping Help pressed), that often works to restart the process without a physical cold boot.

If that doesn't work, you gotta physically cold boot.

-Eric

• Like 1

By the way, if you run MyBios as an alternate OS (as an alternate ROM instead of loading into RAM) then this process works with almost everything and you almost never have to physically reboot. Which is really nice. 

That's the way to go if you have the ability to run MyBios as an alternate OS ROM. 

• Like 1

I wrote (one day) an atr that you could mount to D1 on your real 1050, or Sio2SD/Sio2USB or whatsoever. That would coldstart the MyIDE 2 interface. I am not sure whether you are interested in that... if yes, let me know... I could search for it.

Oh and if you have a turbo freezer (but I guess not) that is also possible to use to get back to the MyIDE 2 menu/fat32 loader.

If you have U1MB or another upgrade that let you flash custom OS's you could also flash the MyBIOS custom OS to one of the slots. With that it will work too (just like @erichenneke explained in this thread)

• Like 2

This didn't work for me. I'm so spoiled with the Everdrives being able to reset  and start over without a cold restart. Thanks for trying though, I appreciate it.
Are you sure you are loading up MyBios FIRST before going into fat32 loader? That is key. Also, you have to press AND HOLD the MyBios hot-key combinations that I mentioned, you have to hold them for a few seconds before they work.

What version of MyBios are you using? There are some differences accross the version revisions too.

You could order a reset-button from steve.

Not sure if it's on sale, or if he has it on stock.

But you need to open the cartridge, drill a hole and solder a little PCB onto it.

It goes into the JTAG-header, it's a simple soldering job.

I tried a few prototypes and they work nicely.

DSC07839.JPG

DSC07835.JPG

• Like 3