IGNORED

Raspberry Pi3b+ Atari case

TwiliteZoner

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2020 at 10:50 AM, Max_Chatsworth said:

What is that and what is it used for precisely?

It is just a special case for a raspberry pi 3b+. Makes your Rpi look all retro like. I haven't seen it in person but I think they could have done better.

• 2 months later...

Looks disappointing to me - a plain Jane case with an Atari logo on it. Seems like there are dozens of custom and fan-designed cases which fit the theme far, far better.

"Raspberry Pi case with amazing RETRO styling!"

(it's a box with the word 'RETRO' printed on it)

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

I bought this Pi 3B+ case on Etsy back in 2018 -- a little mini 4-switch 2600. I think I've seen even better looking 2600 cases now.

il_1588xN.1122258140_rsxr.thumb.jpg.674f0308535d5218d1e8208d68047f6a.jpg

The individual on Etsy sold at least two, because I have the same exact case for my Pi 3B+

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 10:56 PM, MrBeefy said:

It is just a special case for a raspberry pi 3b+. Makes your Rpi look all retro like. I haven't seen it in person but I think they could have done better.

10 hours ago, Feralstorm said:

Looks disappointing to me - a plain Jane case with an Atari logo on it. Seems like there are dozens of custom and fan-designed cases which fit the theme far, far better.

"Raspberry Pi case with amazing RETRO styling!"

(it's a box with the word 'RETRO' printed on it)

That's right, there's nothing retro, vintage, or classic about this at all. It's a rectangle and that's it! No 70's styling whatsoever. I could print "RETRO" on a piece of paper with notepad and do the same thing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2020 at 9:05 AM, Keatah said:

That's right, there's nothing retro, vintage, or classic about this at all. It's a rectangle and that's it! No 70's styling whatsoever. I could print "RETRO" on a piece of paper with notepad and do the same thing.

I dunno, I kind of like it. I use that case for a RetroPie setup with Flashback 9/X controllers.

IMG_0544.thumb.jpeg.832cd53908ddd48519fa0dc2ae598999.jpegIMG_0545.thumb.jpeg.ad623aedf0970704bdb5f08f30a347e2.jpegIMG_0546.thumb.jpeg.9f88008debdd32c58dabbe15ff738720.jpegIMG_0547.thumb.jpeg.edf9fd877ad439aef7f30bfdc31b6b70.jpeg

Edited by MrZarniwoop
added link to Microcenter website for Atari 2600-themed Raspberry Pi 3/3B+ case

31 minutes ago, Wizzard said:

I inserted it as a pictures, but seems that forum changed the format to some text. Anyway, here is it :)

Thanks.

That Orange Pi looks to be about the same size of the RPi 2/3/4 models.  I'd have to compare the Orange against Raspberry to see what the functional differences are.

Yes, as a case it is OK looking, but I would keep the switches attached and connected to the GPIO and make them usable in Stella.

I also like to play with the original controllers, so trying to reuse the original ports would really make it look and function like a little Atari console again.  But you run out of room in there really quickly for the USB adapters, etc.

I guess i can connect the joystick ports to the GPIO directly, but I'd have only joystick games and lose paddle, DC and trak-ball support :( 

Yes, Orange Pi is the same size as Raspberry. I never had raspberry, cause I wanted something cheaper and not so mainstream.

I also wanted to use those switches, but I do not know how to use that GPIO pins. I read some guide but it looks very difficult.

I do not need to have original joystick, in fact I prefer some USB joystick with additional buttons, what is very convenient for direct exiting the game, starting and resetting the game.

61Cij4QoyiL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• 4 months later...

These sticks are nice for the APi. They are $20 bucks on amazon.
the case is $12 now, the kit is $70.

1615926687876-1511923718.jpg

how is the quality of the atari vault stick? the hyperkin trooper IIs are nice. I like the look of the

atari vault stick, but its 50 bucks. you can get 2 troopers for 40. if the atari vault stick is high 

quality, Ill grab one, if its cheap style, Ill pass.

Edited by Draxxon