IGNORED

atari-forum down

For me it was down approximately 48 hours ago, then up briefly and now down with a message saying “be back soon, undergoing maintenance” or something similar. Makes me think the first outage was some incident and the second one is in response. I’m just speculating though. Hope it’s back up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read this at https://forum.atari-home.de/ written by Dal on facebook:

"Hi all - The forum is down for maintenance while we move servers. Please bear with me as it won't be a 5 minute job! I'll post back once we/re back up and running again. Thanks!"

Later:

I have the new vps commissioned with the base installation. Need to finish the hardening and config before I can migrate the sites off the old box onto the new one. I'll be grabbing bits of time over the weekend to work on it as and when I'm free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Still down for me.  Can anyone check the facebook page for any news? It's private and I don't have a facebook account.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/115708225120589/

There’s no news on the Facebook group since Saturday. I can only guess he’s either had problems with the server migration or hadn’t had time to finish the job. 

Bob C

The latest update I saw confirmed that he hasn’t had time to finish the work. It sounds like he isn’t on furlough like a lot of people in the UK and he’s had to fit in the server move with his work schedule. 

He mentioned that the work had to be done by Wednesday. I assume that’s when his provider is permanently tearing down the old server. 

Bob C

11 minutes ago, ijor said:

Still down, too bad ... Anybody heard anything from Dal? Any news at the Facebook group?

Thanks,

I am going to assume that Dal is the person talking about the upgrade on Facebook. I saw an update on Wednesday. 

Anyway, he is upgrading some other pieces (phpBB and MediaWiki, as an example) while it is down. 

However, the biggest problem is he has too many real life commitments right now so the upgrade is being done when he has time. 

Since I cannot seem to copy the text of the Facebook post, that is a summary. 

I would say we just need to be patient. It will be done eventually. 

Bob C

• Thanks 1