IGNORED

Interest check: Boxed IntellivisionRevolution Overlay Set

8 minutes ago, Jaxivision said:

I'm interested in one copy, but I have a question.  If we already own all of the games, is there any advantage to getting this set?

Only if you don’t want to open your games and get the overlays to play the games on emulation. 

1 hour ago, intellivotion said:

hahaha. I have no more secrets with you, amigos.

I'm in for two, as correctly predicted.

One is 100% for me, the second copy is 50% for me and 50% as a support to the producer. So I normally buy only 1.5 copies for me. I know, I'm more complicated than I look like.

You know,your right!

I would love two as well instead of one. Thanks!?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jaxivision said:

I'm interested in one copy, but I have a question.  If we already own all of the games, is there any advantage to getting this set?

Functionally, probably no.  Personally, as a collector, I have an overly collection separate from my CIB games.  I also have numerous boxed overlay sets (Sears, Imagic, Orphan Overlays).  Since this has a box, I'll probably store these with my CIB overlay sets.  It's a disease ?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Functionally, probably no.  Personally, as a collector, I have an overly collection separate from my CIB games.  I also have numerous boxed overlay sets (Sears, Imagic, Orphan Overlays).  Since this has a box, I'll probably store these with my CIB overlay sets.  It's a disease ?

Exactly, to all of that!?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the1hatman said:

It wasn't bad enough you greedy publishers were gouging us with a dozen releases a month, now you want us to have to buy extra overlay sets as well?!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!! :mad:

#freeEric7100

Also, I'd like a set please.

Good stuff!  ?

13 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

This set might as well have been named after you ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

You know, I never grabbed a set of the CBS ones.  $60 shipped (from Canada) for 8 pairs seemed kinda pricey.  Yet, they call to me...

I lucked out on some savings there. Since my collection's parameters limit it to 1st run versions of games only, I was able to pass on the CBS and Sears editions of the overlay sets. I think both are excellent but they don't fit in my collection. I do have the Imagic Overlays 2.0 and the Intellivision Flashback release as well as an original Orphan Overlays box that I keep the custom versions I have made for myself in. I doubt I will ever attempt to acquire the actual Orphan Overlays set due to cost and that every non-overlay game has been completed by other releases since then. I feel like I have it covered.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, the1hatman said:

I lucked out on some savings there. Since my collection's parameters limit it to 1st run versions of games only, I was able to pass on the CBS and Sears editions of the overlay sets. I think both are excellent but they don't fit in my collection. I do have the Imagic Overlays 2.0 and the Intellivision Flashback release as well as an original Orphan Overlays box that I keep the custom versions I have made for myself in. I doubt I will ever attempt to acquire the actual Orphan Overlays set due to cost and that every non-overlay game has been completed by other releases since then. I feel like I have it covered.

I really like the Sears set.  The original price was fair considering it was 30 overlays, all new Sears labels, and the box.  One of these days, I'm going to actually swap in the Sears overlays and cart labels to "complete" a full CIB set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

You know, I never grabbed a set of the CBS ones.  $60 shipped (from Canada) for 8 pairs seemed kinda pricey.  Yet, they call to me...

I was just looking at my CBS boxed set and I thought I had a second set that just came in a little cardboard sleeve.

I couldn't find it.

Maybe I never purchased it that way because I was holding out for a full sized box set.

My memory sucks now,fortunately I am pretty organized so I can find stuff if I have it.

I thought it was pricey when it was sold without the full sized box as well.

7 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I really like the Sears set.  The original price was fair considering it was 30 overlays, all new Sears labels, and the box.  One of these days, I'm going to actually swap in the Sears overlays and cart labels to "complete" a full CIB set.

Does this mean you do not have the original boxed set and you are putting your own together?

10 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Oh no, I'm getting pulled in.  

Each overlay will be 24k gold coated with crushed diamond lettering, the box is titanium steel and be hand signed, and sealed. For the low low price of 3 easy monthly installments of 75.99! 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I have the 29 Sears CIB + the overlay set.  I just need to glue them all together.

Oh ok,I get it now!

That's what I did with a set of orphan overlays and the games from the original 125 that didnt come with them.

All your boxed games will have overlays in them.?