IGNORED

Telesys TurboPrint/GTA printer interface settings

redman

I found this mention of it in Compute magazine.

https://www.atarimagazines.com/compute/issue64/news_printer_interfaces.php

I guess the port on the side is for two different memory sizes for a printer buffer.

The Atari FAQ says "

TurboPrint/A, by Telesys - 36 contact miniature-ribbon plug
 - Page formatting independent of software
TurboPrint/GTA, by Telesys - 36 contact miniature-ribbon plug
 - Page formatting independent of software
 - Prints Atari graphics characters
 - Options: B16 16KiB TurboBuffer or B32 32KiB TurboBuffer

"

• Like 1

I also found a few references to this.  I was hoping that someone had the manual.  When I set up a dot matrix printer, I guess I'll have to go through the 16 different combinations and see what happens.

Not that I am aware of. I have a pretty good sense of what has been archived out there. Hopefully it will turn up one day. I was able to scan a few other manuals from printer interfaces but not this one. It seems like it's a lot more rarer than other interfaces like the Apeface and the Supra interfaces. In the mean time, anything that you can document from using it would be great.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/12/2022 at 10:20 AM, emmbee said:

I have an operator's manual for this. I am actually trying to sell a unit with the manual. Can I get any advice on where I might list it?

Either here or via eBay. Since this is your first post it might be hard to sell here unless you have built up a good seller reputation somewhere else that people can look at. Ebay might be your best bet. It also depends on how much you are looking to get for it. If it's a reasonable amount, people here might take a gamble here with a stranger. (I would if it's low enough). If you are looking to get a bigger amount, I think eBay is your best place.

Value wise, it's rare but not to useful anymore so potential buyers would very small. I would like to scan the manual (and box if there is one) but Atari printer interfaces are easy to come by.