IGNORED

More NES, SNES, FC, And SFC Coming to Switch Next Week

Magmavision2000

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/76c24c49-2e58-4f00-8ed3-a8136e278e30

https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/2020/more-than-80-nes-and-super-nes-games-are-now-available-with-nintendo-switch-online/

If you don't want to read the articles, here are the games:

Both SNES and SFC: Panel De Pon (Tetris Attack)

SNES exclusive: Wild Guns and Operation Logic Bomb

SFC catch up: Super Punch-out

Both NES and FC: Rygar

FC catch up: Rough World (Journey to Sillius)

It's clear what they're doing now, they're putting one recognizable game on the app, then they're unloading a bunch of forgettable, possibly garbage games so they can inflate their game count. The fact games like DKC and Pinball get left out is saddening.

I'm not mad, I'm just very disappointed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Journey to Sillius is a great game with kickass music! Why wasn't it added to the library outside Japan? 

I own the real game on NES and don't have a Switch so it doesn't really matter to me, but still...

It is, for some reason the Japanese equivalents have been playing catch up for the past few updates.

Edited by Magmavision2000

Yeah the only dubious one there of quality is Operation Logic Bomb as it's an odd choice.  Wild Guns is amazing and it's no wonder that got remastered a bit for a wide re-release in recent times.  I had the game, but it was used to fun my growth into full size amusement machines and while I don't regret it, it is missed unlike the others I pushed away...well maybe not Bubble Bobble 2 but in both cases flash kits get it done. :D  I was quite surprised to see Panel de Pon pop up as it's cute and awesome, well only because of Tetris Attack with Yoshi seemed like they'd rather peddle their own white washing of the game.

11 minutes ago, Magmavision2000 said:

It may be good, but is it Donkey Kong Country good? 

I'm sure my opinion is in the minority, but I like Wild Guns much more than DK Country.  I never liked the DK Country games until "Returns" in 2010.   But I always thought Wild Guns was awesome!  

Loved Rygar on the NES as a kid, but I haven't revisited it since. I've played the arcade version many times, and loved the PS2 version, but haven't gone back to the NES version for some reason. 

• Like 1

Here's my review.

Rygar was pretty fun but doesn't seem like a game I would play. 7/10

Operation Logic Bomb is surprisingly good. It's a top-down shooter, similar to the early Grand Theft Auto games, but you're in the 20XXs. 8/10

I wasn't familiar with Wild Guns until I saw the gameplay, its like Blood Bros, but with bigger sprites. 7/10

Panel De Pon (Tetris Attack) is good, you have to match colors on a horizontal plane (why not both horizontal and vertical?). It's kind of like actual Tetris, it's boring at first but gets more and more fun the longer you play it. This and Operation Logic Bomb are probably the only ones I'll play again. 9/10

Verdict: Not as bad as I expected, but definitely could've been better.

Also, Super Punchout on the SFC app doesn't have any artwork, it's just the title screen for the thumbnail.

Edited by Magmavision2000