IGNORED

Supernotes

GDMike

Oooops.. I see there's an overlap problem. Seems that the commands that are available in the library are appearing on page 17 after using a command on a different page, other than 17 and pressing F5, then when scrolling to page 17 they appear in their underwear. Oops... gotta get some clothes on that page!

Edited by GDMike

Ok so there be a future use for CALL.  All good.  Just curious.

I am finalizing a working version of my ED99 SAMS editor with my repaired repeating KSCAN routine. (rather embarrassing) :) 

Anyway it is working pretty well now. I just added some commands for the user to "GO" to a line number. 

• Thanks 1

Very cool. Me too. Funny, but I'm waiting till after DSR is working, because I'm losing time. 

I be implementing a CALL COPY(ff,tt)

And CALL DEL(PP), and CALL DEL(ff,tt)

Where ff=from and tt=to regarding pages

I could go crazy and let user define a particular page to have its own personal color layout.

And other weird things

Beware of feature creep. :)    

Your imagination is infinite.

I chose to make a line-stack for cutting so when you cut lines they pile up on the line-stack and when you Paste they come off the line-stack. 

The line stack is in VDP RAM at the moment.

The feature I really miss is ctrl Z.  Undo.  Gotta study some methods on how to do that without sucking up the entire machine. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It started out as SNE, supernotes express. A "notepad" for jotting down notes in 32K (4 banks), space of the supercart that is formatted to be used.

But this needed more expansion, as notes needed to be moved or saved out of the cart space as well. 

So this SNP, pro, version would take advantage of the SAMs memory and disk/TIpi access. It's just a slow process getting there. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GDMike said:

It started out as SNE, supernotes express. A "notepad" for jotting down notes in 32K (4 banks), space of the supercart that is formatted to be used.

But this needed more expansion, as notes needed to be moved or saved out of the cart space as well. 

So this SNP, pro, version would take advantage of the SAMs memory and disk/TIpi access. It's just a slow process getting there. 

Will it be suitable as a code editor? Will it have search and replace abilities, tabs, etc... Will the saved output be in DV80? Sorry for all the questions. Perhaps an FAQ at the top of the topic will be helpful for the more clueless of us...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes to all of that. Tabs are already set for every 7 char position, I think that's right, anyway, I can make that configurable as I can make each page of the 16, so far only 16, but I can make each page color configurable with a memorized condition, which I think will be cool, and file output is, uh...will be dv80 whenever I get to that part. (I've been moving over to TIpi lately, so my time has been sliced.

Just tell me what you'd like to see as far as "personal" pages or options. It currently supports CALL CHAR (###) where special chars Can be inserted at cursor position via F5, command prompt.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

For me, in addition to the above mentioned features, having block copy, delete and move would be ideal. My primary code editor on the TI is Preditor, but it's got a limited amount of memory, so having an alternative that takes advantage of the SAMS is very relevant to me. You should take a look at the Preditor manual to see the kind of features that are included. Of course 80-col support via the F18A would be the cherry on the cake, but that might be too much to ask. 

I know Philip is working on vi-like 80 col editor call TIVI, but it's still in development.

In the end though, I'm not sure how many are still developing directly on the TI. Personally, I only do it when dabbling with hardware interfaces that cannot be emulated, such as robotics.

• Like 2

I'm loving my TIpi. I can do all my writing on the ti, assemble using my laptop on classic99 in hyperdrive, and move files around with the pi desktop file manager. 

4 mins. to assemble on the TI but only 1 on the laptop. 

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

Spent the day cleaning up SNP files, getting rid of misc bugs, testing, and gathering addresses and memory uses for each of my pages, currently 1-16 read/writeable using the 32K expansion and

pages 1-9 of cartridge memory, read only. But those 9 pages on the cart are  bank switcheable, so only 1 bank, 9 pages, are readable at once.

This way I have a clean program and good info as I head into tackling the DSR functions now that the CALL CHAR routine is finally done.

Edited by GDMike

Something came up.

I'm going to build a "search" and a "search and replace" routine before going into DSR.

Both will start at home position and run across all pages, no matter what page the cursor is sitting on.

It's going to be an incremental search by char value byte for byte match.

The replace routine will replace and space-set itself into position before moving to the next.

That's the goal

• Like 1

I placed my name into an area in the memory cart.

I ran my search test and an asterisk will appear, for testing only, if the search was a failure otherwise some other unreadable garb will appear because I've stopped programming at that point basically and was too lazy to display the words "good result" or similar.

The search word entered by the user can be up to 15 chars long, contain no spaces, and the length of the search word must be 2 or greater, and any character, punctuation, number or upper, lowercase is valid.

The search will start looking into the memory cart first, then start at page what ever page that the cursor is sitting at and continuing until the last page of 32K expansion.

IMG_20200625_200202112.jpg

Edited by GDMike

Oh. Always something. My routine,I found, works as long as the word I was searching for was on an even location in memory. I tested vigorously and found this error. So I'm back at coding something different.

I've got it to where I can find all characters except the last. I'm getting close but I'm not there yet.

5 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Oh. Always something. My routine,I found, works as long as the word I was searching for was on an even location in memory. I tested vigorously and found this error. So I'm back at coding something different.

I've got it to where I can find all characters except the last. I'm getting close but I'm not there yet.

Thanks for that update -- it's been an interesting journey watching you develop this!

• Like 2