IGNORED

Supernotes

GDMike

I've got 40 free banks to code with.

But I need a method of making it work.

I know I have 8k at >1000 in VDP ram.

( when I'm not using it for DSR).

I need a way to map to a bank, throw it in my VDP ram and execute it.

Obviously, it could not contain file procedures.

But I'm trying to see what something would look like.

Finally got a method in place for handling code that doesn't have to reside in MAIN ram, that is I was able to place my HELP menu, the program that displays the key functions, into SAMs high ram and freeing up 607 bytes at >E97C.

My help routine took up about 1k of ram, but after getting the pages set I've saved 607 bytes. I'm planning to use upper SAMs whenever possible.

Basically what I did was whenever the help key, F9 is pressed, I save the current bank, and set, in this case Bank >F0 as the current bank for my >3000 address space. From there I just do a BL @>3000 and since at the end of my 114 byte routine there is a RT, I simply come out of the routine with a key press, which is part of the routine, and I come back to the calling Program and restore the bank to the saved bank.

in order to push my help routine into high SAMs in the first place, what I did early prior to the program running and at compile time, I did an AORG >3000.

Then in my source code I was able to

COPY HELPS. This pushed my source into>3000 unmapped space.

Then at boot up, I do a copy of anything at >3000 into my BUFR address, which is CPU Ram >1000.

Then I mapped out where I'd like the code to reside in upper SAMs.

So I set the bank, move 114 bytes, and set the bank back to >3000 base ram.

It looks like I should be able to move other routines right under the last one until the bank in upper SAMs becomes full before setting another bank.

So far I haven't seen a difference in performance but I definitely see the free bytes in my base ram between>A000->FFFE where my program is compiled to.

Seems that I'm using

banks>1100->C800 for SNP user pages and banks >C9->F0 or 45 banks should be available for program code.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

I don't know what is going on here, but I haven't touched my computer since the last update to SNP was put out, the 17th, but today I turned it on and went to SNP which is located on my DSK4(tipi) drive and the program came up, I then created a couple pages and tried to save, and error.

I can't seem to load either.

So I went to an older known working SNP program, and I got the same thing.

I rebooted the pi just to make sure, I powered off and on, reconnected side port cable, nothing but errors when trying to read or write.

I dunno, right now I'm just teeed off.

In the week of the 17th everything was working just fine. And even today everything else seems to be ok, meaning, DM2K runs and sees folders and files on multiple devices.??

Edited by GDMike

Everything has been unplugged from the outlet since last Sunday, I just plugged up today and SNP will not load or save a file. No matter which version I use????

Raspberry pi rebooted, no change

I'm thinking on pulling out the cards and sticking the Geneve in it and just going Geneve for awhile. ? And learn MDOS...

Edited by GDMike

Ok, update to what happened earlier.

I do not know. But SNP did not like the subfolder that it had been reading fine up to now. The path is tipi(DSK4/SNPWORK)

And I couldn't read my

"MYFILE" file.

And I couldn't create a new file in that folder, but I noticed I could write to other folders.

So I copied my SNPWORK folder and placed it in DSK3. Then I deleted the original DSK4.SNPWORK folder.

I pasted the SNPWORK back to DSK4 and wholla, I'm back to normal.with a headache and a pissed off attitude. I just wanted to blot something down and got a free headache.

Edited by GDMike

The F5 key gets you into the command line.

You can use the CALL COLOR(cs) to set the character(c) color with the screen(s) color you like.

As in, CALL COLOR(F4), sets white characters on a dark blue screen.

You can now set screen color for ANY page independently as well as making a global page color for all 800 pages.

Page colors are saved within the data file so you won't lose your page colors after rebooting.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Your French is somewhat rusty!:lol:

because it was not french, but sloppyilly typing schoool i went tooos back in da day

anyway, here is the LATEST release a' roooo

SNP 1.1 is here...not sure if i documented the way to SAVE\LOAD..but just in case i missed it, MERELY do an F5 to get to the command line, and LOAD DSK#.FILE to LOAD a file and OR SAVE DSK#.FILE to SAVE a file. there are 100 files that SAVE or LOAD. so the wait time is about 2 1/2 minutes on hardware, but I tried on classic 99 in turbo mode and I think it was like 23 seconds or about.

Edited by GDMike
this vers stopped loading in classic 99
  • Like 1

Working on my last tidbit.

Importing a DV 80 file into current page.

Shoot, you should be able to load up 10 each DV 80 files create a directory and use the CALL GOTO feature to jump to those once imported PLUS save all of them as an SNP file.

So far I have a new menu when you hit CTRL I for import.

It asks you to

press 1 import cartridge

Press 2 import file

Fctn9 to escape

Edited by GDMike

SNP was fun and exciting, but I'm going to NOT complete the DV80 import option. BUT, I believe that with CL99, someone could actually import and create a NEW SNP files with those DV80 files that exists and compile them by category into a single SNP file.

I'm really going to say Goodbye to the TI-994A and start a new adventure with the GENEVE 9640 and start working with "GFORTH" for awhile.
So, I'm pulling the SAMs, but I'll leave my tipi installed and hope for access and take the FORTH plunge, 9995/9938 chipset!!

Edited by GDMike
  • Haha 1