IGNORED

Supernotes

GDMike

4 minutes ago, TheBF said:

Be careful with those deletions. We could all just disappear. :)

Hope your programming stress level is manageable.

This phone im using was doubling my replies...

12 hours ago, GDMike said:

Working on my last tidbit.

Importing a DV 80 file into current page.

Shoot, you should be able to load up 10 DV 80 files create a directory on pages 1-10, and use the CALL GOTO feature to jump to those imported sections once imported PLUS save all of them as

an SNP file.

So far I have a new menu when you hit CTRL I for import.

It asks you to

press 1 import cartridge

Press 2 import file

Fctn9 to escape

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

Added a menu section to the Import hot key press.

Instead of instantly importing CART data,

Like it has been doing,

now you will get a prompt asking the user if you want cart data by pressing number 1,  OR press 2 to load a FILE OR 3, escape out.

If the option selected is 2, you are kicked into the command line where you will have to enter the command:

LOAD DSK#.FILE that you want to import, else you receive an error with the following:

if the file doesn't exist.  Or-

simply pressing enter.   Or-

An unknown command

• Like 1

To reduce my code length from growing, I'm reusing certain routines. 

Basically I made a flag and I run the user back through the command line as  if a user wants to load a FILE.

But when I approach where the program starts putting together a PAB, I simply check for the flag and create the PAB for the IMPORT option instead.

I'm able to save quite a bit of ram.

Edited by GDMike

That's bad design practice. As I think I wrote about before, you should design your program so that you have a subroutine that does the file handling, then call that with different parameters, depending on the task at hand. Interrupting one routine with a flag is a more difficult to follow and less fleixible.

This does of course also imply that you should sit down and plan the features, all of them, for your software first. Only when that's done, you start designing the program, to make it do these things.

Edited by apersson850
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, apersson850 said:

This does of course also imply that you should sit down and plan the features, all of them, for you software first.

Of course, because I really didn't think I'd have the program space.. but I fooled myself.  But yes, I see your point

Whether you have the space or not doesn't matter. The principle is the same. And by planning all the functionality from the beginning, chances are much better that you discover synergy effects, where you can break out a piece of code/function and re-use that from different modules of the program. That saves space. It will also be easier to predict the need for larger data areas (buffers), that can be re-used by different segments of your program. Such re-use can save a lot of memory.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, apersson850 said:

This does of course also imply that you should sit down and plan the features, all of them, for your software first. Only when that's done, you start designing the program, to make it do these things.

I guess you'll get into some discussion with fans of "agile" development. :-D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mizapf said:

I guess you'll get into some discussion with fans of "agile" development. :-D

I'm a professional. Writing programs that are in use for decades, where every update is listed in a document and where the same program can control machines manufactured in 2008 as well as 2021 makes me see the beauty of disciplined development.

But it's not at all less fun. On the contrary, it's nice to know what you are doing and where you are aiming.

Edited by apersson850
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LATEST SNP - with that said, im not sure of any changes other than cleanup, but there may be some necessary code changes.

This is my last update. ill be moving over to Geneve forth.

Ill continue to fix any issues that arise though, Its been fun!

F5 Commands:

CALL GOTO(X)

CALL GOTO(XX)

CALL GOTO(XXX) where "X"  is a page number

CALL COLOR(FB) where F = forecolor, B = background color

CALL CHAR(N) where N = the character value in ASCII

and function 9 for help

Run from editor assembler cartridge option 3 the program and file are called SNP.

Also, don't forget little sister program

SNE, SuperNotes Express.

Oh, I will work on a manual and upload the SNE data file, in which you will want to load into SNP to review, but it will probably be next month before I release it.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

I, again, forgot to include SAMs check for classic 99. Here's the SNP file with the correct functionality for SAMs and CL99.

Well, when I went to run the program against my real hardware, I couldn't. Message saying I need SAMs, but when I ran it in CL99, it ran. 

So I noticed I had a Compare incorrectly placed, and CL99 was correct, it was me... sorry...yup, me that didn't get it right. So that's what I meant about making it match CL99.

CL99 doesnt lie..

SNP

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

I want to share my greatest tester, my friend, and the one that could help me work tough questions. Victor Steerup . He's been absolutely amazing on supporting me, Victor Steerup, thank you. And thank you too all the support team!!

And I want to thank that dog who never left me sitting alone.. woof

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I found a couple minutes this week to tie up a couple fixes in SNP. Brings us to

ver. 1.11 04/01/21

Fixes include CALL CHAR(249) and 250

Also handling the inverting feature for this character.

Also fixed is Sam's detection in classic 99  and on real hardware so the program works The same on both systems.

I had a goof in my last rushed update.

Those are fixed.

This is the program AND the manual in a SNP file called SNPGUIDE.

if you are in SNP and you want to load the manual you're going to have to do a 

LOAD DSK#.SNPGUIDE

SNP SNPGUIDE93.rar

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 3

I found that if you copy a word, with Control W, and if that word happens to be located on line 1 at position column 1, sometimes the computer would lock up and or part of that word is copied.

So fixing that brought us to version 1.12

So here is the latest version of SNP 4/5/21.

SNP

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 5