IGNORED

Supernotes

GDMike

• 2 months later...

NEW update for SNP from version 1.1 to 1.2

This corrects a couple of issues:

If you were to load up SNP and even though the Page at the top right says PAGE 1, it wasn't making it to PAGE 1 IF you pressed the CTRL I import CART key OR if you did an import from CLASSIC99.

So i was able to correct those two things.

here is the latest version 1.2 08/11/21

use editor assembler options 3 LOAD AND RUN DSK#.SNP  and program name is SNP

sorry for that error. it should work better now!

gdmike

SNP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

An example of importing from windows notepad using SNP
in classic 99.
This was the fix I did the other day.
The only catch is that only 1 SNP page can be handled at this time, so if you have more than 840 characters of  notepad text then it will overwrite to the top of the current SNP page and not extend to the next page. Darn it... but for now, just copy and paste to each SNP page individually from your windows notepad.
It's better than having no import function.. for now.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 12:29 PM, 9640News said:

Rather than writing DIS/VAR 80 files, or some other record format, you could setup your PAB to save a block of memory say something like 4K or 8K as a Program Image file. Your filename could be the construed as the "Project name" & "Bank Order#", so something like SUPER001 to SUPER255.  That way, one PAB call after copying the data to VDP, and you save a whole block at one time.  Then, when you go to load the project, you are loading the Filename "SUPER" which could be the "control" block that lets your program know how many blocks you have and any other pertinent details you may want to have to load.

Beery

I'm a little late on replying to this, back during this process stuff was happening fast. I did eventually lean on this plan and it worked beautifully. Exactly as you mentioned. Thx so much

• 6 months later...

SNP(80) column in the works rt now, it's about 3/4 done. But I'm thinking of adding on to it and expanding SNP.

it'll require 8K RAM sitting at >6000->7FFF for this add.

Well see what comes of it, as I've got ideas but I want to make sure it's feasible.

• Like 2

Since SNP contains the basic controls of what I'll need for a database, I've decided to "add on" to SNP and build my DB in SNP.

Forth will take me a long time to work with because I need to learn quite a bit to accomplish a DB the way I'd like it. 

Of course I don't plan on giving up on Forth, respectfully, it's a very smart way to program.

But, SNP has most of what I'll need for a DB construct minus coding those routines that already exist. 

My plan is for SNP to work as normal, paging up/down through text the user has entered, BUT allowing a key press that asks the user if they'd like the DB to be created on THIS page, the page that the user is sitting on.  If so, all pages beyond the current page will not be accessible again by SNP  and will be reserved for the DB. , Pages built prior to the current page will always be available.

The user is warned in advance. This allows  the user to determine the amount of SAMs to be used by both.

Step 1. Placing text wherever the user wants it placed.

Step 2.  Using code to create the table entry locations on the screen, such code looks like, #DT8, which places an entry area for date/time of 8 characters that the cursor can land on and creating that area as field 1, etc.

(When the DB is finished and the framework of the screen is complete and saved, then the screen turns into form mode and the cursor can only land on those code fields.

Memory: I've decided to take >3008 thru (whatever 375 bytes to that address, no calc Handy), but this will be the column field name,(CFN), hold space, somewhere around 15 ea Fields of 25 bytes max length. BUT I'm not going to make those Fields adjustable, each will be 25 bytes.

My field data would reside at Column Field Address + the 375? bytes, making my  ROW construct,(my numbers may not be exact here), for each field. Each bank would hold the Field column header information until end of SAMs and those pages will be unable to view directly through paging up/ down as SNP does normally.

But I'll be able to pull that data through interactive commands.

Sorting and searching would benefit from this layout.

Filling is already in place.

BUT I'm afraid on the time it might take to do a sort across, let's say, 100 banks.

To be determined....well, there's always classic 99 turbo.... ?

Edited by GDMike

It's going to be SNP all the way, with the ability to add a DB on any screen the user selects. Then everything SNP will still work PRIOR to the DB screen, as the rest of SAMs will be used for the DB and blocked to the user. Hopefully that helps clear that up.

I will need additional program space, enter..  supercart. But the battery doesn't need to work as the program will just load up in that space at run time.

Maybe I'm using the wrong version of classic 99, but I'm not able to write to >6000 ? 

I'll have to research what I'm doing wrong.

When I load something, CL99 reboots.

It's something I'm doing or not and or wrong version I guess, I'll look for the latest tonight at work.

Edited by GDMike

3 hours ago, GDMike said:

It's going to be SNP all the way, with the ability to add a DB on any screen the user selects. Then everything SNP will still work PRIOR to the DB screen, as the rest of SAMs will be used for the DB and blocked to the user. Hopefully that helps clear that up.

I will need additional program space, enter..  supercart. But the battery doesn't need to work as the program will just load up in that space at run time.

Maybe I'm using the wrong version of classic 99, but I'm not able to write to >6000 ? 

I'll have to research what I'm doing wrong.

When I load something, CL99 reboots.

It's something I'm doing or not and or wrong version I guess, I'll look for the latest tonight at work.

As far as I know Classic99 has 8K and >6000 all the time. I use it a lot for utilities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Willsy said:

My guess would be some sort of off-by-one error on the line length somehow.

It's me, lol .. it's all me, meaning, I threw numbers at that routine and I placed an add 80 instead of add 160, I know where, just ran out of time yesterday.

When I get time later today, well wrap that up.

Edited by GDMike

Whooohoo.

My issue with F2, insert character was that I left a boundary for R0 of 960. Changed to 1920..

AND I forgot to change my AI R0 from the old  version.

That's fixed! Everything is working EXCEPT my filing, well, filing is working BUT I've not calculated my 1776 bytes * 2, (8 bytes) for my screen color tracking, (I'm actually using 2 BYTES of the 8, but I reserved 6 for additional features),../ by SAMs pages. I'm just testing with 50 pages as you can see in the video, of course my test we're much more intensive and all 50 in my test we're fine with their own color set. 

I just need to do some basic math and throw that at my save/load commands and should be finished.

Then I can start with the Database add in.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

A little setback this morning. 

I had allocated 50 pages for my test, but..I got pushed into a corner. I spaced 2 characters on screen for page optics for the user as feedback, and at the same time I read those two numbers and I apply that to the end of my filename. Now it's ok for two digits, but in this case I'll be needing 3 digits as my filename will add up to 400 pages vs 50 or 99... So I've got to go back in and adjust that to three digits to allow the full 400 page max read/write.

Always something...I'll have time tonight to straighten this out.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

Post#916 needs a clarification..

I didn't need to implement a change in the number of digits as I said I did, meaning, I was able to squish two banks or 4 pages into each file, up from  2 reads/writes and so I can leave my two digits on the screen as I had. I end up with a gap of of 1120 bytes. That gap will be used in the DB portion of the program as memo data making for 280 bytes per field block, because I can't get a full page out of the 280 BYTES,(1120 bytes across  banks), as is since a page is 1760 bytes. It won't go to waste when the DB plays into it 

----

Update, found another error.. it'll be a bit longer, probably tomorrow.. ? oh, it's tomorrow already...

I've got an issue where an error is reporting but not giving me my cursor back...

(I happen to be testing a case scenario where a bad command is entered and how it's handled).

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

Undocumented features..

F5 toggle command line

SAVE DSK#.TEST to save entire memory to disk. 

LOAD DSK# TEST to read files and restore memory from a previous saved file.

Cannot read DV80 or int 128 files

CALL COLOR (31) sets screen and character colors..use hex code. Each page can have it's own color scheme.

CALL GOTO (25) places the cursor at page 25.

Max page# is 393 I think...

I need to add a cap on max pages, I just forgot to do that today..

CALL CHAR(42) places an asterisk at cursor location.

Ctrl M to start an import menu for reading classic 99 clipboard.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

Version 2.0 SNP is basically an 80 column version of the regular 40 col SNP. 

ill be working on docs for it...

SNP is the program name and the start name

F9 brings up help menu

requires TIPI for Clock access(Ctrl Q, BUT don't press Ctrl Q and your fine)

requires SAMS memory

Requires Disk system

Requires F18A

---- This is the corrected file, Fixed the Import issue!

Plz see post #929 for the download

Edited by GDMike
Corrected a misalignment in HELP of ctrl X
  • Like 1