IGNORED

Supernotes

GDMike

11 hours ago, GDMike said:

Things I'd like to see..

If a user inadvertently hits quit - disabled

If a user inadvertently hits ctrl X needs a prompt for options of saving or not before quit.

You'll need to remove the...

LIMI 2?

LIMI 0?️

...from all those KSCAN loops there.

Hmm, you could save some more memory by flushing the multiple scan loops as well.?

43 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

You'll need to remove the...

LIMI 2?

LIMI 0?️

...from all those KSCAN loops there.

Hmm, you could save some more memory by flushing the multiple scan loops as well.?

When I removed the limit 2,0 I lost my beep and honk, but it did fix my quit by accident problem

Edited by GDMike

4 hours ago, GDMike said:

When I removed the limit 2,0 I lost my beep and honk, but it did fix my quit by accident problem

ACCEPT LI R5,>8005
       JMP GO
HONK   LI R5,>8020
GO     MOVB R5,@>8400
       SWPB R5
       MOVB R5,@>8400
       LI R5,>929F
       MOVB R5,@>8400
       LI R6,>5000
JP2937 DEC R6
       JNE JP2937
       SWPB R5
       MOVB R5,@>8400
       RT
       END

I put the RT, at the end because, often this seems like the most efficient way to use.

You, will probably want to strip this out and integrate instead!:-D

P.S. G.L.:grin:

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 6:54 PM, GDMike said:

AI R1, >-0100 ( hex negative 0100).

Is where my problem came from.

After concluding that there's nothing wrong with my code in a particular routine which took me quite a while to narrow down I came upon This command and I said I'm not getting a negative number here or something's going on with this command so I changed the command to look like this

AI R1, ->0100

That's because the > says "here comes a hex number" but  the - isn't a valid hex digit.

-256 or >FF00 are examples of other valid values.

4 hours ago, apersson850 said:

That's because the > says "here comes a hex number" but  the - isn't a valid hex digit.

-256 or >FF00 are examples of other valid values.

But the sad part is I didn't receive an error at compile, and the program ran my first few pages correctly and this, I think, should have made those pages erratic.

But I got to pages 30ish from 001 with no issues. I was pissed ? three days troubleshooting, I knew my program was right, and I stared rt at that >-0001 and I said, really? And I swapped it out, and wholla the stupidness swelled all over my red ? face and yup...

Got a report that SNP doesn't run with finalgrom EA. And I just confirmed that it also does not run on FLASHROM99 either.

Anyone have an idea why?

What are the loaders doing?

My Program starts with AORG >A000 after developing a WS.

Also note, I'm using a real EA cart but I have tested final versions on classic99 and had no lll affects.

Edited by GDMike

Ok, so if you encounter this issue, SNP not running from finalgrom, try adding a number"8" to the end of the file.

I heard this tells FG what kinda ram bank to load the program into.

I don't own a FG but I do know that the FLASHROM99 doesn't load it from EA menu either.

Edited by GDMike

44 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Sorry, but you misunderstood my issue at the beginning. But everything works for me in Flashrom99. I'm not sure about finalgrom, because I don't own one to test with.

So what you're saying is that you can load SNP from E/A loaded from FlashROM99. But that's not the same as loading SNP directly from FlashROM99. To do that you need to convert SNP into a cartridge image.

• Like 2

Greg was able to test this for us, he used the RXB EA loader in finalgrom and Everything was ok. SNP ran just fine as a disk file.

So I'm guessing that the user was using a weird version of EA.bin, or it was corrupted, I guess there's a possibility that the ram on the finalgrom he is using could be bad, I think those finalgroms have a ram chip for ram? Not sure...

But I told the user to try another version of EA.bin in his finalgrom, or try the RXB loaders..

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

So I'm guessing that the user was using a weird version of EA.bin, or it was corrupted, I guess there's a possibility that the ram on the finalgrom he is using could be bad, I think those finalgroms have a ram chip for ram? Not sure...

Or maybe the user put SNP on his FinalGROM and thought it could load from there (which it can't because it's not a cartridge image)? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

Or maybe the user put SNP on his FinalGROM and thought it could load from there (which it can't because it's not a cartridge image)? 

I dunno yet the details. He just said, I'm trying to load SNP with editor assembler on my finalgrom and it doesn't load with the option 3 and entering the program name.

So I told him to try another loader, like RXB loaders, or reinstall the EA.bin files.

11 minutes ago, GDMike said:

I dunno yet the details. He just said, I'm trying to load SNP with editor assembler on my finalgrom and it doesn't load with the option 3 and entering the program name.

So I told him to try another loader, like RXB loaders, or reinstall the EA.bin files.

Anyway, here's a cartridge image of you program, so that FinalGROM owners don't have to use E/A to load it. ?

snp8.bin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

Anyway, here's a cartridge image of you program, so that FinalGROM owners don't have to use E/A to load it. ?

snp8.bin 64 kB · 2 downloads

Oh cool.. well, more changes coming.. but I'll wait and gather them all up for awhile and we'll make another cart one day ?

Just gotta remind people that this needs SAMs. It doesn't print, and it doesn't export. YET.

It's still early in the design stage.

My next goal is for it to be able to read DV 80 files and save them, I also want to make a personal page option for the user, where any page can be a reseved color and landing on that page would change the screen color from it's default of white characters on blue screen to the colors created by the user.

I also need to make a GOTO page option.

And I need to reaclimate the SEARCH routine. 

BUT...I need to restructure my available SAMs memory for Program space and use it.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1