IGNORED

Dreamcast controller: Was it any good?

What do you think about the Dreamcast controller?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the Dreamcast controller?

• It was a good controller
    • It was a bad controller

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm not a fan of the DC controller. It's very uncomfortable for me because the handles don't fan out like most controllers. The d-pad and triggers are fine, but that thumbstick is terrible. It's too slippery and makes games that require circular motions like Jet Grind Radio much harder than they should be. Also annoyed at the fact that the controller kind of devolved from the Saturn and removed 2 buttons.

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, IntelliMission said:

To make it more interesting with a fight of "I like it" Vs. "I don't like it". I'm perfectly aware of what I did and how it's "not right", but hey.

lol I just plain didn't vote, but I still have yet to play my Dreamcast since the analog stick seems to have some issue with it. Eventually I'll either buy a screwdriver that is long enough to reach the screws in it so I can try to fix it or just buy another controller since I'd need another one for multiplayer anyway.

10 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

lol I just plain didn't vote, but I still have yet to play my Dreamcast since the analog stick seems to have some issue with it. Eventually I'll either buy a screwdriver that is long enough to reach the screws in it so I can try to fix it or just buy another controller since I'd need another one for multiplayer anyway.

I think you can safely vote the negative option after your experience. ;)

I don't remember having any problems with it back in the day. It looks like an evolution of the Saturn 3D pad. The VMU is cool, although I usually tended towards using a higher capacity memory unit that didn't have a screen. The cord coming out the bottom is odd, but it doesn't really make it more difficult to hold. Recently Yu Suzuki was asked if he was the one who decided to have the cord come out the bottom, and he emphatically said "No, I was not. Who decided that?" ?