Jump to content
Tornadoboy

Favorite basic and extended basic games

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just thought I'd take a stroll down memory lane :D

 

My list off the top of my head in no particular order...

 

Basic

- Tick World

- Cars and Carcases

- Frazzle

- Maze of Ariel

- TI Trek

- Robot Jokes (we used to hack it in school to say all kinds of jokes it was never intended to :P )

- Mad Libs (same as above)

- Jumping Jack

- Motorcross

- Camel

- Chuckaluck (correct name? Yahtzee like game)

- Close Encounters of the Simon Kind

- Zap-A-Ball

 

Xbasic

- Meltdown

- Bird Brain

- Cavern Quest

- Window Washer

- Survival

- Bladerunner

- Mean Streets

- Blackbeard's Treasure

- Meteor Rescue

- Bee Line

- Tower

 

 

Edited by Tornadoboy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TI Trek sure brings back memories!  If there was ever a candidate for compiling and turning it into a faster running cartridge BIN this is one.  Maybe it already has and I've forgotten.  It was one of those games I had from my earliest TI days and loading everything from cassette.

 

Great idea for a thread!  👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, INVISIBLE said:

TI Trek sure brings back memories!  If there was ever a candidate for compiling and turning it into a faster running cartridge BIN this is one. 

It seems to me I saw somewhere that it had been done, but I couldn't tell you where to find it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Tornadoboy said:

It seems to me I saw somewhere that it had been done, but I couldn't tell you where to find it. 

 

Thanks.  I'll go look in the repository, it's highly probable I could have forgotten.

 

-- EDIT --

 

Sure enough!  It's downloadable in << THIS MESSAGE >>

Growing old sucks!

Edited by INVISIBLE
Updated due to lousy memory!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait for the Geneve 2020 to come out, I want to load that thing up with every piece of software I can find for the 4a and just be able to stroll through the library rediscovering games I've forgotten and trying out new ones! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just remembered another one: "Mr. T" or maybe it was "The Game of Mr. T" which was in extended basic and pretty funny, if I remember it said on the title screen "I pity da fool who plays this game!" :D 

 

I can't remember if there were more levels but there was one where you had to get his head across the screen while avoiding scissors that were trying to cut his mohawk, and another where you had to run back in forth with something like a shopping cart to catch things that were falling, kind of like Atari's Kaboom. 

Edited by Tornadoboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tornadoboy said:

I just remembered another one: "Mr. T" or maybe it was "The Game of Mr. T" which was in extended basic and pretty funny, if I remember it said on the title screen "I pity da fool who plays this game!" :D 

 

I can't remember if there were more levels but there was one where you had to get his head across the screen while avoiding scissors that were trying to cut his mohawk, and another where you had to run back in forth with something like a shopping cart to catch things that were falling, kind of like Atari's Kaboom. 

I'd actually like to play that. Anyone have a dsk image or ti-files of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, sparkdrummer said:

ahhh great! thanks for your reply. will try it... was missing into my titles.

just tried and a nice game, it remember me a bit 'fix-it felix' 😛

Window Washer - 4.jpg

Edited by ti99iuc
added screenshot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...