IGNORED

Are there audio options in Tempest 2000?

eightbit

The reason I ask is because when I purchased my cart (second hand) the music was blaring and the voices, explosion and shooting sounds were very very low. After resetting the cartridge memory the sound is now normal....actually the shooting sound is now too loud :)

I am trying to find the music and effects volume settings for this game. Am I missing something?

Another note about adjusting volume for Jaguar games in general. It seems that many official Jaguar releases from the 90's used a similar method to adjust music and sfx in games.  Probably a convention that Atari insisted on.  The SDK documents hint to these design requirements if you were developing a game for them. An example of this is using 0 on the number pad to mute music in your game. 

Just in case there are other audio issues in other games you play, checking in this hidden pause menu, or 0 on the number pad are good places to start.  I have caught myself once or twice thinking that there was something wrong with my copy a game, but instead it was just a save state of the volume controls, slightly hidden within a not so easy to find options menu.

• Like 3