IGNORED

ATR Image Explorer - browser based disassembler for Atari .BAS, XEX, ATR and other files.

rossum

Seems cool! I don't use an integrated graphical environment in Linux, like gnome or kde, so the drag file mechanism doesn't work. I can bring up the tool ok, then I bring up a file directory containing the file in a separate window. Then I drag that file name to the tool, but it doesn't work. I use fluxbox as my window manager.

ATASCII images look blurry in Edge. I guess it's because of the way that scale() at transform property scales up images in that browser.

Another issue is that on files with long filename (dropped directly from the Windows explorer), those filename lines from the left panel overlap the ATASCII display on the right panel when this is in "Wide" mode.

When you drop more files into the panel that already has files, the new ones are placed on top, but the view atomatically changes to the last one in the list, even when it was not the one that was being displayed. If the last file of the left panel was an ATR, the view changes to the first file in its directory.

The right panel contents is based on the file type extracted from the filename's extension. If it does not have an extension, then it taints its contents looking for a signature, or defaults to DAT (hex view). It could be great that the filetype could be selected by the user to be displayed in an alternative way.

Sometimes, an "eh?" message is displayed in the right panel instead of a canvas. I guess that the hex view should be there, probably because an automatic guess of the filetype failed.

EDIT: When you remove a selected file from the list fith many using (x) button, it contents remain in the right panel. I think that the panel should be hidden just like when you remove the only file in the listing and get an empty panel. 

In the hex view, I'd like to see the characters column in ATASCII instead of ASCII+dots.

Once again, thank you!

Edited by vitoco
More info added...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRaven81 said:

I tried this image, and compared to your explorer, and the Altirra Disk Explorer. When I drop it into yours, it seems to be missing the main file.

this image is damaged. look at the $f1 sector of this file... which the next sector of the file indicates.

50 minutes ago, xxl said:

this image is damaged. look at the $f1 sector of this file... which the next sector of the file indicates.

idk how to do this. is fixing the image possible? 

EDIT: All images that I could find of this game seem to be damaged or corrupted.

Edited by TheRaven81
clarification

@rossum can you add an option to define the position of VTOC and directory?

This image has a VTOC in sector 360 and directories at sector 362 and 369.

Cribbage (1985)(Antic Software)(US)(Side A)[BASIC][cr CSS].atr

And would probably make @TheRaven81 happy.

;)

Edited by DjayBee
fixed VTOC and directory sectors

29 minutes ago, DjayBee said:

This image has no valid VTOC and a directory at sector 369.

valid VTOC is on the end of image. I think this program was created on modified DOS - I've already seen such images.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tschak909 said:

Awesome! If I may suggest, if there isn't anything resembling a VTOC/directory, read and disassemble the boot sectors. e.g. my CONFIG program for #FujiNet is a single shot boot program that loads using the OS DSKINV loader. :)

Added lots of mostly image files + raw atr/boot disassembler + dynamic selection of file type.

image.thumb.png.621a4377d8512e9de666e995dc8e0bc4.png

image.thumb.png.28ca11820c7f73185b38bf4dc99b1364.png

atr_image_explorer.htm

https://github.com/rossumur/esp_8_bit/blob/master/atr_image_explorer.htm

image.png

• Like 8

That's very cool tool!!! It already has many features, which I like: drag&drop files with instant output display (Atari BASIC source code listings as bitmap, images, ATRs, fonts...).

Everything as one big HTML file, nice!

Wow, the list of files in ATR, EXE files as debugged assembly :)

?:thumbsup:

Edited by Gury
Fascinated with features :)
  • Like 2

Again... WOW!

I found that many of my comments were considered. ?

New comments for the latest release:

- When a file is an ATR (in DOS 2.0 compatible format), the directory contents is displayed like in the DOS style, but if a single file is dropped, its name is truncated into the same 8.3 filename format, but the extension is appended to the name even when the name is shorter than 8 chars.

- If the file size is larger than 999 sectors, the ATASCII register in the left panel stills overlaps the right panel. I think you should format it as DOS 2.5 does in that line to avoid overlaps.

- The extension of the original name is removed in the item title of the left panel, except when the file is an ATR. I think that you should preserve it.

- It is nice that you can now change the display method through the combo. Two things: The combo list should be alphabetically sorted by some criteria (unless it is sorted and I didn't catch it), and there should be a simple way to return to the default one (this might be by clicking again over the item type in the left panel).

As many here, I'd like to see TurboBasic XL detokenized listing.

That's all for now.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Hello MrFish

On 5/18/2020 at 3:08 AM, MrFish said:

Why don't you post the ATR image you're having trouble with? Then maybe @rossum can figure out what the issue is.

I just tried the ATR again (Totaldaze.atr), it works fine now as far as I can see.  (I only dropped the ATR in ATR Image Explorer)

Sincerely

Mathy

1 hour ago, tabar said:

how about Atari Graphics Works, the light pen program.  i think they use the extension .scr .

agw_files_tab.7z 34.8 kB · 3 downloads

Added. Not sure the colors are right.

9 hours ago, invisible kid said:

Can you add another way to input an atr file if you cannot drag-n-drop it?

"o" key will open a file selection dialog.

10 hours ago, Philsan said:

Would it be possible to set Basic listing left margin to 0?

POKE 82,0

Added image.png.fa0afaacf1ead5f2124eae1b0989f686.png

11 hours ago, vitoco said:

Again... WOW!

I found that many of my comments were considered. ?

New comments for the latest release:

- When a file is an ATR (in DOS 2.0 compatible format), the directory contents is displayed like in the DOS style, but if a single file is dropped, its name is truncated into the same 8.3 filename format, but the extension is appended to the name even when the name is shorter than 8 chars.

- If the file size is larger than 999 sectors, the ATASCII register in the left panel stills overlaps the right panel. I think you should format it as DOS 2.5 does in that line to avoid overlaps.

- The extension of the original name is removed in the item title of the left panel, except when the file is an ATR. I think that you should preserve it.

- It is nice that you can now change the display method through the combo. Two things: The combo list should be alphabetically sorted by some criteria (unless it is sorted and I didn't catch it), and there should be a simple way to return to the default one (this might be by clicking again over the item type in the left panel).

As many here, I'd like to see TurboBasic XL detokenized listing.

That's all for now.

Thanks!

Cleaned up names/UI, still working on TurboBasic XL

17 hours ago, MrFish said:

".M65" files are not showing up correctly. These use a special tokenized format for the Mac/65 assembler.

Here's a doc that might help you out with it.

MAC-65 Token Converter.pdf 112.91 kB · 15 downloads

Added mac-65 detokenizer. Thx for the doc.

cheers

https://github.com/rossumur/esp_8_bit/blob/master/atr_image_explorer.htm

atr_image_explorer.htm

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, rossum said:

Thanks, that's a lot of help for browsing old source disks with tons of separate .M65 files.

dos25source.thumb.png.afb7961fbd95ef603130a2c84892f24b.png

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 2