KevKelley

[WIP] CROSSDOCK

On 8/9/2020 at 9:03 AM, KevKelley said:

It has been a really busy month so I had barely had time to work on anything.  My work had experienced its annual inventory process so that was time consuming (maybe inspirational for another game? lol). 

Same here.... ours was scheduled for August 6th then got cancelled the Saturday before.

I usually work on the games on my lunch but recently there have been restrictions on number of people in offices or breakrooms so it is harder for me to set up my laptop for an hour or so. 

16 hours ago, KevKelley said:

The regular game is through the yellow door on the first screen. Does it not work for you? I tested it on my phone using Emu2600 and it worked.

its workin- 

I was working on changing some of the values.  My observations with moving slower when collision with the pallet jack seemed to get things closer to where I was aiming.  I still have only tested using my computer but I have found that by the time the bonus round becomes accessible, the timer is pretty low so if you do not go into the bonus round, you would run the risk of losing a life.  I may improve the amount of time awarded if it seems you will eventually lose a life no matter what. My goal is to get it to where if you keep moving, grabbing boxes and filling bays, it would be a delicate balance but it is almost there.

Plus, if I keep the slow movement from collision with the jack, I can free up about 40 bytes in the first bank, which may open up some options.

• Like 1

I updated the binary in the first post.

This includes that little fix regarding the missile heights in Trolley Volley when they disappear. 

While testing I also came across an issue with the obstacles when leaving the Bonus screen.  I reset the coordinates of missile1 after the bonus but when the obstacles are present in the main game this would effectively push them off screen.  I put in a simple check and found a couple redundancies but it works now.  I may look to see if there is a better way, as the bonus reset was in two banks and I have to check to see if I did this for any particular reason or just a result of forgetting.

I am still looking at alterations to the speed of Dock Boy.  I did have it speed up momentarily over 1000 points but saw it stopped shortly after.  I think I accidentally screwed up on the range, as I originally wanted it to speed up after 1000 points and remain.

I have another issue regarding the bonus screen that I may or may not try to hammer out, as space is very limited, and from some testing I found the pacing getting closer to what I think is good.  The walking slower when touching the jack helps a lot.

I also saw the scanlines jump by one or two.  It seems to only happen when moving down and not as often as it once had, but I noticed it was occurring more when I had the conveyor belt speed up. I haven't looked at what @CapitanClassic mentioned a couple posts back but that may help.  I just haven't had a chance to look to deeply into things just yet, hence minor fixes and test playing.

• Like 1