IGNORED

Millie and Molly (Atari 7800)

mksmith

We are very pleased to announce Millie and Molly 7800 will be available for purchase on cart here in the AtariAge store sometime in late 2020/early 2021 (TBC). 

Thank you @Albert and AtariAge ?

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, mksmith said:

We are very pleased to announce Millie and Molly 7800 will be available for purchase on cart here in the AtariAge store sometime in late 2020/early 2021 (TBC). 

Thank you @Albert and AtariAge ?

This is going to be an incredibly fun title, I love games like this!  Thank you for your incredible effort in making this a reality on the 7800.  :)

..Al

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Albert said:

This is going to be an incredibly fun title, I love games like this!  Thank you for your incredible effort in making this a reality on the 7800.  :)

..Al

Thanks Al - we all very much appreciate your support of the Atari community.

• Like 3

Hey everyone,

Here is a video showing the current WIP progress state of the rewind feature.  Will hook up the buttons in the next few days and get it to the guys for testing ?

• Like 8

Hey everyone,

The rewind feature has now been fully completed and integrated into the buttons and Side Bar. Some testing has been completed and are really happy with how it plays and works - really finishes off the game. Synth is going to finalise his review of the music soon and I only need to look at how we can be speed up the music a little for PAL users.  So unless we find any bugs we are done ???

BTW, James and Tayna @ZeroPage Homebrew will be working their way through a few more levels on this Sunday's show and giving the rewind feature a thorough test!

Thank you all for your encouragement, suggestions and support since our announcement.  We have worked really hard to do a great conversion of this game created by Carleton Handley and can't wait for you to be able to play it.

• Like 9

We'll be checking out updated Millie and Molly on tomorrow's (Sun May 24) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Synthpopalooza said:

This time, provide ZPH with recordings of the music on real HW ... as a reference ;) maybe they can have it play in the background.

Not exact to your specifications of course but 2/3/4/5 and level complete all sound pretty good in emulation for mine.

Someone should do a review on a real 7800. Will the game play without a pokey? I should load it up someday for kicks. Will have to get my 7800 hot for it to have a chance with the concerto. Scratch that no bin.. cart only... oh well.. 

Edited by Jinks

2 hours ago, Jinks said:

Someone should do a review on a real 7800. Will the game play without a pokey? I should load it up someday for kicks. Will have to get my 7800 hot for it to have a chance with the concerto. Scratch that no bin.. cart only... oh well.. 

Yes the game will work fine without the pokey chip you will just get no sound. We may release a binary down the track but not for the time-being.  

I intend to do a demo version soon which will be playable via the great JS7800 emulator.

13 hours ago, Jinks said:

Would love to but there isn't a readily available cartridge based solution to load it onto right now unless somebody wants to send me theirs, I'd gladly play it on a real system on the stream. ? Waiting for the Concerto cart....

I wrote code earlier to handle this game, in fact, they could go 512K + RAM + POKEY, easy to write that code.  That would be the epic maxout of the Versa 1 and something Atari never pulled off, even though they could have.  Nothing magic about my board, that didn't exist back then.  I'll try to see if I can run this tomorrow, need to look for a socketed board, or build one.  I have a bunch of narrow RAM chips for testing, the 7800 is a bitch with RAM.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, CPUWIZ said:

Whilst I just rounded up all the narrow SRAM flavors I have at hand, I was wondering if this game crashes, if no RAM is present at all.  Anyone know?

SRAM.jpg

Hi @CPUWIZ 

I would say it is most likely.  Ram is used for the DL (only way I could render correctly), temp music and rewind storage.

Thanks, I just want to make sure to see where the problem is, currently it goes black after the Atari boot logo.  Probably a bug in my PLD code.  If I could test it without the extra RAM, like Sirius & Plutos, it would eliminate RAM from being a problem booting. :)

• Like 1