IGNORED

Millie and Molly (Atari 7800)

mksmith

On 12/6/2020 at 3:24 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

Totally understood.  If it's not doable in the space available, I think we'll all live ?  The game is really great as-is, so the suggestion is really just extra frosting.

Cool, thanks!

@x=usr(1536) I had a bit of a look before Christmas but we just can't fit anything else in! Thanks again for your suggestions!

1 hour ago, TwentySixHundred said:

And while i was at it, with the moment of free time i had today, playing a bunch of new 7800 dev builds i gave the latest Millie and Molly demo a run. I haven't a 7800 so closest experience i can get to the physical copy. Very very nice and fun puzzle game! Really enjoyed this and got to around level 20 or so (wasn't keeping track). Just kicked my feet up and had alot of fun working out the puzzles. Nice relaxing no rush type of game i could just casually play through. The difficulty progression of the puzzles works really well. Not too hard but requires some planning ahead and smart thinking to solve. Such a great game ?

@TwentySixHundred Thanks Tony! Hopefully we can make a digital version available one day so you can play the other 80 levels! There are some crackers in there!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gandor said:

Any idea when this game will get a physical release?

Played the demo this afternoon on JS7800 and loved it.

That rewind effect is just so cool.

Thank you @Gandor for playing. We are hoping to be in the next round of releases in the first half of this year here at AtariAge ?

• Like 2

The team is very honoured that Millie & Molly 7800 has been nominated for the Atari 7800 Best Homebrew award! If you would like to vote for Millie & Molly 7800 or one of the other worthy nominations in this category you can do so here.

1703798500_3rdAnnualAtariHomebrewAwards(2020)-NominatedLaurels-Atari7800BestHomebrew.thumb.jpg.11249-130f6b2d5369f1bdbd0f37.jpg.4ef0bd4f7ed3a277a0043308cc4cbf62.jpg.1bd9b843d123bcb4e5a7a78cb8434075.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say on behalf of the team we are very thankful to everyone who voted for Millie & Molly 7800 in the Best Homebrew category! In a very tight race we came runners up to the very awesome Pac-Man 40th Anniversary Edition! Congrats @PacManPlus and @tep392 for creating the definitive collection of Pac-Man for any platform not just the 7800 ???

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

I have to say, I was *sure* that Millie & Molly was going to win.  Couldn't believe it when I got the e-mail saying I had won. Thank you for those kind words.

Very happy for you Bob ? I was thinking very much the same as you that you would win for sure! A very nice compliment that we made it close!

43 minutes ago, Defender_2600 said:

Congratulations, Matt! :)

Thanks Marco! We must finish Arkanoid one day so people can witness your excellent gfx contributions!

• Like 2

Definitely was a hard vote between the two and i usually don't say who i voted for but had to go with Millie and Molly. I just found myself playing it alot, and probably when i should have been writing some code myself. But all the 7800 entries were really good and alot of fun to playthrough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

Been going over the code to bring it up to date with the latest release of 7800basic (just in-case) and thought it would be rude of me to not add another great feature included by @RevEng Mike whilst I have the opportunity ?

title.thumb.png.f6c23e79b84412811c2904a853d220e6.png

So along with PETSCII Robots 7800, we've have another title able to utilise the SNES2Atari tm adapter (coming soon ?).  

As for a release, anticipating it coming later this year.

• Like 10

• 8 months later...
Just now, CaptainBreakout said:

Hiya!  I was (and am) very excited about this game. Just wondering if there's been movement on getting it published.

Hi there! Yes the game is coming soon! The main holdup has been the development of a new cart which is pretty much done now (I've been told M&M is working fine!).  Al has his big release of games announced prior to Christmas coming any day now so I'd imagine it will be released in the next batch after this.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it in a proper cart and box with many thanks again to Al and AA 😁👍

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, juansolo said:

Ever so slightly worried, is M&M going to be caught up in the recent drama? If it is are there any plans to release it as a buyable ROM?

All good mate! Carleton and the team have been very good to deal with and have given their blessing to our conversion. My only real caveat was it was a cart release (which was my suggestion as I didn't want to compete in that space with the C64 original).

Looking forward to seeing it up in the store for everyone to enjoy 😍 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm currently working with Al to get the box, manual and cart completed - can't wait to have this available at PRGE and for the big annual November release👏

2023 Portland Retro Gaming Expo

42a25c0c-edf5-26d8-c0c8-b723fdc056cd.png
AtariAge is attending this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo, taking place October 13-15, 2023 at the Oregon Convention Center.  We'll have a large variety of new Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar, and Lynx games available for purchase, as well as demos of many upcoming games currently in development.  Our booth will be even larger than ever, allowing us to setup even more game systems for you to try out the latest games.  

Some of the games we are currently working on for a release at this year's show: 
  • Boom! (Atari 2600)
  • Caramujo (Atari 2600)
  • Electroball (Atari 2600)
  • Game of the Bear 2 (Atari 2600)
  • Immunity (Atari 2600)
  • Penult (Atari 2600)
  • Robot Zed (Atari 2600)
  • AWA Multicart (Atari 5200 / Atari 8-bit)
  • Scorch (Atari 5200)
  • A.R.T.I. (Atari 7800)
  • Death Merchant (Atari 7800)
  • E.X.O. (Atari 7800)
  • Harpy's Curse (Atari 7800)
  • Millie and Molly (Atari 7800)
  • Oozie the Goo Gaiden (Atari 7800)
  • Plumb Luck DX (Atari 7800)
  • Growing Ties Deluxe (Atari Lynx)
  • Odynexus (Atari Lynx)
  • Novagen Volume 1 (Atari Jaguar)
  • Rocket Ranger (Atari Jaguar)

We look forward to seeing you at the show!  If you're not able to attend, these games will be available in the AtariAge Store in November

• Like 9

On 7/21/2023 at 1:44 AM, sramirez2008 said:

Don't forget, Millie and Molly works with the SNES2Atari tm adapter.👍

And most likely the Mega7800 as well thanks to Mike's awesome 7800basic joystick update 😍

• Like 1