IGNORED

Eugene Jarvis - Atari - Podcast Interview - Creator of Defender - He Reflects on Defender 2000

Adriano Arcade

Eugene Jarvis - Atari - Podcast Interview - Creator of Defender, Robotron & Stargate

This is probably my favourite interview to date as I have a long and in-depth chat with arcade, Atari and Williams legend Eugene Jarvis.

Eugene shares some great stories of working at Atari, what it was like working with Nolan Bushnell, creating Defender and Stargate. He also talks what inspired him to make Robotron: 2084, Smash T.V. and loads more. He also looks at his current work at Raw Thrills where he keeping arcades alive with amazing innovations.  He also talks about his views on the Jeff Minter's Defender 2000 on the Jaguar.

The 1 hour 30 mins chat with Arcade Attack is honest, funny and really insightful. I would be so honoured if you checked it out and shared your feedback. The links to various platforms are listed below:

Apple Podcasts / iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/eugene-jarvis-interview/id1174983594?i=1000474625155

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Db70NAAhCA7SxonnrZWpG

Podbean:https://arcadeattackpodcast.podbean.com/e/eugene-jarvis-interview/

YouTube: 

If you did like the interview, please do consider subscribing to our podcast and YouTube channel and even leave us a nice review!

We have also interviewed other legends in the past such as Trip Hawkins, John Tobias, Tommy Tallarico and many more.

Edited by Adriano Arcade
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Austin said:

I'd like to know what he thought about Defender 2000 without having to listen to a 90 minute audio feed. Or click on a video. Or do anything other than read text on this forum.

I would too. I like reading such things on this forum, which is why I come here in the first place. What I don't come here for is for seeing constant shilling for other websites or Youtube channels.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sauron said:

I would too. I like reading such things on this forum, which is why I come here in the first place. What I don't come here for is for seeing constant shilling for other websites or Youtube channels.

I understand. Podcasts are not for everyone. I just shared it as I thought it was a nice interview. Especially the Atari talk. I like to spread the word of Atari and Jag and I hope people can see that I mean well.

On 5/18/2020 at 2:57 AM, Sauron said:

Keep cool. There are people (like me) who appreciate pointers to Atari content on websites they either don't know or don't frequent regularly and it is rather easy to ignore such posts if one is not inclined to read anything but AtariAge. If you like reading about such things on AtariAge exclusively, you'll have to wait for someone to volunteer to describe or even transcribe them here, I am afraid, as I don't know of any commercial venture providing such service.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, slx said:

Keep cool. There are people (like me) who appreciate pointers to Atari content on websites they either don't know or don't frequent regularly and it is rather easy to ignore such posts if one is not inclined to read anything but AtariAge. If you like reading about such things on AtariAge exclusively, you'll have to wait for someone to volunteer to describe or even transcribe them here, I am afraid, as I don't know of any commercial venture providing such service.

Thank you. I appreciate this comment. I hope you enjoy the interview if you have time to listen. 

1 hour ago, r_type2600 said:

That was one very enjoyable interview, with lots of revealing insights and entertaining anecdotes. Eugene came over as a very straight, smart and passionate game creator and player. Thanks for sharing this excellent interview!

This feedback really means a lot to me. Thank you. Eugene was an awesome guest, I agree.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slx said:

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm just being a grump.