IGNORED

TIPI/32K in the Speech Synthesizer Enclosure (REVIEW)

Omega-TI

59 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

I call this photo "Sidecars Named Desire" to me, it's a thing of beauty.

466874985_SidecarsCalledDesire.thumb.png.de535144d7215f6ebb29959513a86cbc.png

Really nice!  That looks factory fresh!

My TIPI/32K speech synthesizer enclosure looks like it just came out of a fight with a grizzly bear!  ?   

It's still pretty in my eyes! I just wish that I could put my labels on straight.

On the plus side I've completed the Raspberry PI start/shutdown button and w/ external power light.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Omega-TI said:

I call this photo "Sidecars Named Desire"

Love it!  Is that label, clear or metallic?  I haven't been able to get the original lettering off myself yet.  Acetone usually works but not in this case.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J-Data said:

Love it!  Is that label, clear or metallic?  I haven't been able to get the original lettering off myself yet.  Acetone usually works but not in this case.

It's a clear label.  I taped off the area then used steel wool to remove the lettering.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mehridian Sanders said:

When I ordered "Combo 32k/TIPI pcb pre-order" do I have to purchase and solder the components on the board? Sorry this was a bit confusing.

When I ordered my unit from Arcadeshopper.com, I opted for just the board as  I had previously purchased my Raspberry PI Zero W.   The TIPI/32K came with all the connectors.  I soldered them on in a few minutes as was good to go.  

Arcadeshopper's ad says if you ordered it with the RPi  the connectors are pre-soldered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dgrissom said:

On the plus side I've completed the Raspberry PI start/shutdown button and w/ external power light.

Cool.  I need to add the shutdown mod.  What GPIO pin did you end up using for the shutdown input?  Between the TIPI interface and the CPLD JEDEC interface, the ones commonly used are already taken (GPIO 17 & 21).  Can you post the python script you used?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-Data said:

Cool.  I need to add the shutdown mod.  What GPIO pin did you end up using for the shutdown input?  Between the TIPI interface and the CPLD JEDEC interface, the ones commonly used are already taken (GPIO 17 & 21).  Can you post the python script you used?

I lifted most of this stuff of ETA Prime's YouTube channel.  I've found most of this scattered around the net.  His was the easiest to follow.  The attachment has the steps (hardware and software) for the power switch and light.  The 2nd video shows a nifty switch and light that may work and look good on the speech synthesizer.

19 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

I just type TIPIHALT when in Force Command.

If your TI has crashed, this button will safely shut down the PI before you shut down the console.  I've been using this setup for over a year on my other rPI emulator machine with good results.

Power Button and LED.jpg

TIPI 32K Power Switch and Light.pdf

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

I posted this in another thread, but you might consider trying << THIS STUFF >> to "renew" its appearance.  It should be thick enough to mask some dents as well.

Like my labels I probably won't get the stuff on straight.  And with me applying it will bubble up and fall off within 24 hours. ?

4 minutes ago, GDMike said:

I can't seem to run force commander. Does it not run on a FR99? Or is their an image of it in ea5 somewhere?

I can't wait to see this.

I think it will only work with a FinalGrom99  based on:

https://github.com/jedimatt42/fcmd

Force Command usage

Produces a FCMDG.bin and FCMDC.bin to be loaded by FinalGROM99.

The menu entry for the GROM is 'AUTOCMD' - choose this to load the auto-running cartridge image, or select 'FORCE CMD' if you don't want the auto-running feature...

Not for sure as I didn't come close to writing it! DG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it will only work with a FinalGrom99  based on:
https://github.com/jedimatt42/fcmd
Force Command usage

Produces a FCMDG.bin and FCMDC.bin to be loaded by FinalGROM99.

The menu entry for the GROM is 'AUTOCMD' - choose this to load the auto-running cartridge image, or select 'FORCE CMD' if you don't want the auto-running feature...

Not for sure as I didn't come close to writing it! DG

How big is it. If the c file is 32k it should load on the fr99 .. as it is 32k max .. if not you can make a cart with a 512k board or ubergrom

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Woo Hoo!  I'll be taking my first vacation in 8 years in the middle of July!  I've already booked the beach front room, so now I'm wondering, should I take a regular TI along for my TIPI/32K and hope I can hook up to their TV, or should I lug an extra monitor along for the F18A console?  Decisions. decisions.  

• Like 2

Should I make an "extended video"?   Maybe combine some dashcam footage (sped up) along with the TI coverage and some beach shots?  Most people don't get off on other people's vacation videos, but this is a TI vacation without interruptions.  I just hope all this COVID nonsense does not mess up my culinary plans.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure it was possible, but apparently you can run a TIPI/32K and a NanoPEB at the same time. Just can't figure out how to connect the SAMS card yet.  (Disable NanoPEP 32K ram, and add a header to edge card adapter to connect the SAMS and the NanoPEP?)   Needs more integration. 

IMG_0018.thumb.JPG.5de69f68f3ee6fa7904477bfcc64d070.JPG

I wasn't sure it was possible, but apparently you can run a TIPI/32K and a NanoPEB at the same time. Just can't figure out how to connect the SAMS card yet.  (Disable NanoPEP 32K ram, and add a header to edge card adapter to connect the SAMS and the NanoPEP?)   Needs more integration. 

IMG_0018.thumb.JPG.5de69f68f3ee6fa7904477bfcc64d070.JPG
Splitter?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk