Jump to content
JacobZu7zu7

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 13 - Carnival

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

[ Intellivision HSC Season 12 ]

 

(Game 13)

 

Carnival

Coleco-Carnival.jpg

 

Carnival by Coleco / CBS 1982

carnival.gif

This game captures the fun, excitement, and sounds of an old-time shooting gallery.

 

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21480/intellivision/Carnival-1982-Coleco-CBS.html

 

High Score Club Record

 NONE YET - SET RECORD! 54,490 IntyFanMatt

 

 

 

Game Setting

SKILL LEVEL 2

 

Game ends,
SUNDAY MAY 31ST 11:59PM EST

 

 

 

 

(HIGH SCORES)

 

1. 54,490 IntyFanMatt [+11]

2. 45,160 cmadruga [+10]

3. 43,200 JacobZu7zu7 [+9]

4. 28,590 fakecortex [+7]

5. 23,650 Ace24 [+6]

6. 22,220 JasonlikesINTV[+5]

7. 21,800 gezkc [+4]

8. 12,930 wolfy62 [+3]

9. 11,070 BiffMan [+2]

10. 9,420 jblenkle [+1]

11. 3,530 roadrunner [+1]

12. 2,100 Mangia-Boy [+1]

 

 

 

 

Rankings

 

1. BiffMan [+96]

2. gezkc [+91]

3. cmadruga [+64]

4. JasonlikesINTV [+59]

5. Ace24 [+58]

6. IntyFanMatt [+57]

7. JacobZu7zu7 [+52]

8. mr_me [+46]

9. wolfy62 [+38]

10. cparsely [+31]

11. dpisicane [+28]

12. fakecortex [+26]

13. Player One [+24]

14. Intelligentleman [+23]

15. jblenkle [+20]

16. ed1475 [+16]

17. m-crew [+13]

18. Intellfan [+10]

19. roadrunner [+8]

20. hoosierdadee78 [+7]

21. S.BAZ [+4]

21. Mangia-Boy [+4]

23. t0spmad [+2]

23. Mister-VCS [+2]

25. DarthCloud [+1]

 

 

 

 

Games Won

 

4 - BiffMan (Atlantis - Demon Attack - Mission X  - Auto Racing)

3 - mr_me (Lock 'N Chase - Tron Deadly Discs - Space Hawk)

3 - gezkc (Burgertime - Auto Racing - Happy Trails)

1 - cmadruga  (Tron Deadly Discs speed 1)

1 - cparsley (Mouse Trap)

1 - IntyFanMatt (Frogger)

1 - ed1475 (Space Armada)

 

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Important: Before shooting targets, "MUTE" the Carnival music by hitting that note on the far right side of screen.

 

The game will become 100% more enjoyable on mute lol.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Important: Before shooting targets, "MUTE" the Carnival music by hitting that note on the far right side of screen.

 

The game will become 100% more enjoyable on mute lol.

Wiser words have seldom been uttered 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Important: Before shooting targets, "MUTE" the Carnival music by hitting that note on the far right side of screen.

 

The game will become 100% more enjoyable on mute lol.

What is it with Colecovision and their music? My ears still haven't recovered from the pounding they got in Mousetrap! 🙉

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the first contest game so far that I don’t have. I like Carnival a lot on Colecovision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ace24 said:

This is the first contest game so far that I don’t have. I like Carnival a lot on Colecovision.

I only have this one on CV too. Looking forward to seeing how this one plays 🕹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

I only have this one on CV too. Looking forward to seeing how this one plays 🕹️

This is known to be one of the worst games on the system. I have it but never played it. We shall see!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

This is known to be one of the worst games on the system. I have it but never played it. We shall see!

It may not be the best version of Carnival, but it's still Carnival and quite fun. You just have to work around the glitches and movement issues. 

 

Certainly not nearly to the level of The Game That Shall Not Be Named. 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the error buzz if you have the audacity to try and start a game with the disc.  Gotta love that user friendly interface, as if the developers wanted to be very clear in their message:  "You're not playing on a ColecoVision, fuck you." 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Carnival Skill Lvl 2

 

30,510

 

 

30,510.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 12:09 AM, BiffMan said:

Wiser words have seldom been uttered 

 

Yeah, keep mute on, or grow basket utters...! 😬 sour indeed...🤢

349_UTTER.JPG&f=1&nofb=1

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

 

Yeah, keep mute on, or grow basket utters...! 😬 sour indeed...🤢

349_UTTER.JPG&f=1&nofb=1

Those are the only options?? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Jeez, you really have to keep your eye on your remaining bullets. If you're still moving your gun before you realise the game's finished, it takes you straight to the player select screen and you miss the chance to see your final score! 

 

I guess that's why they had to stick this warning in the instruction manual:

 

Caution: Pressing the Disc immediately after a game resets the game and returns you to the Game Option screen.

 

Why did they even bother porting these games to the Intellivision? It's like they want us to hate them! 🤬

Edited by gezkc
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gezkc said:

Jeez, you really have to keep your eye on your remaining bullets. If you're still moving your gun before you realise the game's finished, it takes you straight to the player select screen and you miss the chance to see your final score! 

 

I guess that's why they had to stick this warning in the instruction manual:

 

Caution: Pressing the Disc immediately after a game resets the game and returns you to the Game Option screen.

 

Why did they even bother porting these games to the Intellivision? It's like they want us to hate them! 🤬

I noticed that part in the manual too! I read it and thought, if they need to put a caution in there, can't they just program it differently? I like games that only return to the title screen when you press a specific keypad button. There's 12 of them there, take advantage!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like coleco had no play testing or quality control.  Cartridges go for manufacturing, which was a big investment, a month or two process.  They are not going to throw all that out (not even for intellivision II incompatiblity), so they address issues like this in the instructions.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Looks like coleco had no play testing or quality control.  Cartridges go for manufacturing, which was a big investment, a month or two process.  They are not going to throw all that out (not even for intellivision II incompatiblity), so they address issues like this in the instructions.

Sounds about right to me. It'll also explain why they had to put this warning in the manual too! 

 

Game Malfunction
If your game malfunctions, press Reset to "clear" the system and begin a new ga
me.

 

😆

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, gezkc said:

Sounds about right to me. It'll also explain why they had to put this warning in the manual too! 

 

Game Malfunction
If your game malfunctions, press Reset to "clear" the system and begin a new ga
me.

 

😆

I see that all the time for games of the era. It's like, games glitch, nbd, that's why we have the "reset" feature!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gezkc said:

 

Caution: Pressing the Disc immediately after a game resets the game and returns you to the Game Option screen.

 

As if that weren't bad enough, it'll also buzz at you for restarting the game with the disc instead of a button. 

 

I'm still going with the "You're not playing on a ColecoVision, fuck you" explanation.  🙂

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any suggestions on how to control this sucker?  My biggest stumbling block is inability to do small moves to line up on the edges of the pipe wheel.  If I'm off by a tiny amount, I can't move a tiny amount to get on target, I have to do big movements and just hope it comes back in the correct spot. 

 

Using jzintv and have tried with both Flashback controller and keyboard, both seem the same. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Any suggestions on how to control this sucker?  My biggest stumbling block is inability to do small moves to line up on the edges of the pipe wheel.  If I'm off by a tiny amount, I can't move a tiny amount to get on target, I have to do big movements and just hope it comes back in the correct spot. 

 

Using jzintv and have tried with both Flashback controller and keyboard, both seem the same. 

I just swing/tap and hope for best, when situated on right or left side of the wheel. Just tap once left or right, let go, shoot ... and hope it hits the pipe wheel. If not rise and repeat same ... that's the best I got.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Carnival Skill 2

 

40,480

 

Personal BEAST, 🦁

I also have no previous record for Skill 2 either so 🤣

40,480 carnival skill 2.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Carnival Skill 2

 

40,480

 

Personal BEAST, 🦁

I also have no previous record for Skill 2 either so 🤣

40,480 carnival skill 2.jpg

Wow, wow, wow!  We have ourselves a Coleco ringer in the house! Lol. 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Carnival Skill 2

 

40,480

 

Personal BEAST, 🦁

I also have no previous record for Skill 2 either so 🤣

40,480 carnival skill 2.jpg

Nice!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...