IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 13 - Carnival

5 hours ago, BiffMan said:

Wow, wow, wow!  We have ourselves a Coleco ringer in the house! Lol. ?

Our secret tribe is called ... the Colecoids ?‍♂️

Fun Fact: You will see a blood red stain on the pipe wheel bullseye, 3rd round of the Carnival. 

New High Score: Skill 2.

43,200.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Our secret tribe is called ... the Colecoids ?‍♂️

Fun Fact: You will see a blood red stain on the pipe wheel bullseye, 3rd round of the Carnival. 

New High Score: Skill 2.

43,200.jpg

I can think of another name for people who are good at these Coleco ports - Masochists! ?

Seriously though, great score! ?

I'm interested though - have you got good by playing these on the Colecovision, or do you genuinely enjoy the pain and distress of playing the Intellivision versions?

(And please don't tell me you also like the Intv Donkey Kong and Zaxxon!) ?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gezkc said:

I'm interested though - have you got good by playing these on the Colecovision, or do you genuinely enjoy the pain and distress of playing the Intellivision versions?

(And please don't tell me you also like the Intv Donkey Kong and Zaxxon!) ?

I have never owned a Colecovision. I did want one some yrs ago, but a bit expensive (many seem broken too) ... also I am limited in room space, small home.

I prefer Intellivision over 2600, Colecovision.

Yes, I'm very good at Donkey Kong, and Jr. and Venture I can roll score on hardest setting, but yeah that games too easy!

Never played Zaxxon besides a few mins emulation.

I play tested 2600 Carnival tonight, I owned it for yrs but never really played it. Its okay, a bit easy, no bonus stages or Bear round.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, gezkc said:

After several attempts that disappeared from history because I made the fatal mistake of pressing the disc to move my gun! 

DSC_1175.JPG

That is a lot of ducks... dawdling a bit there hoping for bonus bullets, eh? ?

• Haha 2

What a horribly designed video game this is. For like 5 games straight the game ended and went right back to the player select screen so I couldn’t capture my score. So stupid that you can’t touch the disc at game over. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

It's like they sat in a conference room and brainstormed all possible ways to turn players away:

- "How about we don't let them check their final score if they press something?"

- "Hey, we know it's about just moving the gun left and right, but at least we can make the controls very imprecise!"

- "Bingo, and the imprecise controls will make pipes almost impossible to hit! Yay! And that will make them lose every time!"

- "Let them guess max speed from the bear: randomize between 'warp speed' and 'too easy'".

- "...and by the way, no shooting the bear when it's leaving the screen! Just because!"

- "Yes, and make them wait a second or two before coming back from the bear stage! Just so they will always wonder if there's been a crash!"

- "Great idea! Random freezes and bugs are a must! But don't forget to instruct those suckers to just reset the game!"

- "Annoying song? Check!!!"

- "Crappy bird flying animations!"

- "Let them guess what those white targets really are!"

- "How about an obvious graphical glitch underneath the pipe wheel, where the numbers are?"

- "Use a really slow bullet, so they can really appreciate all their missed shots!"

Edited by cmadruga
  • Haha 6

37 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

It's like they sat in a conference room and brainstormed all possible ways to turn players away:

- "How about we don't let them check their final score if they press something?"

- "Hey, we know it's about just moving the gun left and right, but at least we can make the controls very imprecise!"

- "Bingo, and the imprecise controls will make pipes almost impossible to hit! Yay! And that will make them lose every time!"

- "Let them guess max speed from the bear: randomize between 'warp speed' and 'too easy'".

- "...and by the way, no shooting the bear when it's leaving the screen! Just because!"

- "Yes, and make them wait a second or two before coming back from the bear stage! Just so they will always wonder if there's been a crash!"

- "Great idea! Random freezes and bugs are a must! But don't forget to instruct those suckers to just reset the game!"

- "Annoying song? Check!!!"

- "Crappy bird flying animations!"

- "Let them guess what those white targets really are!"

- "How about an obvious graphical glitch underneath the pipe wheel, where the numbers are?"

- "Use a really slow bullet, so they can really appreciate all their missed shots!"

This is hilarious and spot on.  All of these are the exact reasons why this game is just atrocious. 

What a horrible game! I've lost count of the games where I've not been able to see the high score because it's ended while I'm still pressing the disc! 

Finally managed to get a photo:

DSC_1197.JPG

Edited by gezkc
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gezkc said:

What a horrible game! I've lost count of the games where I've not been able to see the high score because it's ended while I'm still pressing the disc! 

It’s definitely one of the worst on the system!  Just abysmal.  

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

It’s definitely one of the worst on the system!  Just abysmal.  

Then how the hell do you survive that many rounds of it? I hesitate to ask because it might make me play more instead of moving on to something g fun like Beamrider... Lol... ?