IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 13 - Carnival

3 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Then how the hell do you survive that many rounds of it? I hesitate to ask because it might make me play more instead of moving on to something g fun like Beamrider... Lol... ?

I put myself through a lot of pain to do it, lol. Had to keep adding bullets whenever possible. But as I kept playing I realized I wasn’t too bad at it. Not that I wanted to be good at this terrible game though. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I put myself through a lot of pain to do it, lol. Had to keep adding bullets whenever possible. But as I kept playing I realized I wasn’t too bad at it. Not that I wanted to be good at this terrible game though. 

I think it's that balance between adding bullets, fending off ducks, and trying to get pipes that I can't quite find a balance for. And of course doing all of the above when you can't actually move where you want to be. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

I think it's that balance between adding bullets, fending off ducks, and trying to get pipes that I can't quite find a balance for. And of course doing all of the above when you can't actually move where you want to be. 

And shoot that bear in between rounds as much as possible!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

Have you noticed how the movement seems to work quite well during the bear stages?

It's got to be some kind of bug or performance issue affecting the duck stages. Which is mind boggling in a game this simple.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Looks like a fresh new glitch on the right hand side, above the "80". Never disappoints!

Not a glitch so much as you weirdos doing better than the game was designed for.  It only has 2 digits, so it's displaying other characters when you get to 100 and above.  Quality control was not a big priority for the Coleco Intellivision developers...  ?

• Haha 3

I was givin' this one last go and I kept running into a glitch (surprise surprise). Not sure if it's my rom or if anyone else has come across this: I finish the first level and it doesn't advance me. My gun disappears but it still allows me to shoot (without decreasing the bullet count). It won't let me progress, causing me to reset. It happened twice, which is twice too many. May or may not give it another go later.

Also, I'm not such a big fan of losing gained points as a game mechanic. The ducks are annoying, but they just affect bullets (which is still bad), but hitting a negative point area is cheap b/c you already earned those points. Wouldn't be so bad if the controls were tighter.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, fakecortex said:

I was givin' this one last go and I kept running into a glitch (surprise surprise). Not sure if it's my rom or if anyone else has come across this: I finish the first level and it doesn't advance me. My gun disappears but it still allows me to shoot (without decreasing the bullet count). It won't let me progress, causing me to reset. It happened twice, which is twice too many. May or may not give it another go later.

Also, I'm not such a big fan of losing gained points as a game mechanic. The ducks are annoying, but they just affect bullets (which is still bad), but hitting a negative point area is cheap b/c you already earned those points. Wouldn't be so bad if the controls were tighter.

I ran into this glitch myself.

I suspect it has to do with moving the controller during the transition back from the bear stage, but I don't know for sure. Just a theory.

Just in case, I avoid touching the controller during the transition. Coincidence or not, the glitch never appeared again.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

I suspect it has to do with moving the controller during the transition back from the bear stage, but I don't know for sure. Just a theory.

Just in case, I avoid touching the controller during the transition. Coincidence or not, the glitch never appeared again.

This happened right after hitting my last target. It's like they intentionally put these bugs in so they could say, "Come play this on Colecovision instead!" Who else punishes the player for TOUCHING THE CONTROLLER ? Oh well, good round everyone!

2 hours ago, cmadruga said:

I believe you for sure on this!

This is all I’ve got. I lost a much better game tonight because I forgot to keep my eyes on my bullet count at the end and release the disc!! But that happened to all of us. In spite of it’s flaws, I still like shooting stuff on a tv screen, so it’s still fun. 

C7504B83-F78D-4DA6-AE6F-AEA3D0DBC1BE.jpeg

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BiffMan said:

It's a Coleco game. They hate us. ?

And where's Sega in all this?

It really feels like in those days once you got a license, you could release whatever crap you wanted.

It's interesting because this game has Sega's logo and the arcade machine stamped on the box. 

You'd think not allowing your brand to be associated with crappy products would be important?

• Sad 1