IGNORED

Wulf Becherer, Eugen Baumgartner

blackbox

Seeking any information on: (Suche nach Informationen:)
Wulf Becherer
Eugen Baumgartner
and software
3D-World.

Towards the end of the retail support for the TI99/4a, I purchased - at full retail price- a copy of 3D-World.  The documentation I have contains no maker or distributor name but the software contains the above two Germanic names with Copyright in 3D-World claimed by Becherer in the program code.

I have found a little known commercial offering by AMERISOFT of 3D-World, and the manual I have and their manual are clearly from the same source, with the same weak translations and spelling errors, but theirs has added a copyright AMERISOFT note.

Could this be a European program that has been "lifted" -officially or unofficially- by an American company?  Amerisoft do not seem to have built a major presence in the TI World- but sadly neither do Becherer and Baumgartner.

If anyone can help shed light on these gentlemen or on the circumstances of the program, I can add a note to the English manual I am recreating for the software.  The Amerisoft disk is on wht.

thanks

S

Some months ago, I was collecting stuff for dedicate a page to 3Dworld on the Database but still haven't completed infos indeed.

anyway if it can help i have collected these different covers i think for three different kind of distributions:

3dw-c.thumb.jpg.ab8bbf59310383189e8215fe740f2b25.jpg3dw-b.thumb.jpg.24872c22ced2133a19302de2a90ba09c.jpg3dw-a.thumb.jpg.65742aa0dd68ce4f800ae08dedee9a0f.jpg

in addition i found this article:

2047994483_Telematch84113DWorldpag01.thumb.JPG.37d65c75076a202328f1fa9edf5f4faa.JPG1050878126_Telematch84113DWorldpag02.thumb.JPG.f536aaa5e5ab86f76313892d2e4866f8.JPG

hope it could clear something, i still not translated pages from German ?

• Like 3

"Und ewig lockt der Prozessor..." is a pun on "... und ewig lockt das Weib", the German title of a French film with Brigitte Bardot ("And God created woman", "Et Dieu… créa la femme").

(translates as "And forever lures the woman" - or here, "processor")

• Like 3

Some other 3D-World items from the English TI press, in case any are of interest or amusement:

Micropendium, November 1984, p20:

image.png.b4734cbb4138fd48ae7a0f73ef965f04.png

TIsHUG (Sydney) July 1990:

image.png.f4f907cf4fca04de417163f4ed6b2915.png

Tenex Catalogue Fall 1986:

image.png.1a98fb772a3b9173b42fb26eb79d608b.png

Tex-Comp ad in Micropendium (appears repeatedly, in their ads):

image.thumb.png.6ebc6da5c0a57c1236c2f833db465681.png

Cedar Valley 99ers User Group December 1990:

image.thumb.png.599b5093c5e60d9b788a4bce744ec332.png

• Like 2

Many thanks everyone.

The original program was quite early - April 1983.

Now I have to make sense of it all and translate a bit. This may take a little time.

The TENEX list and the later MICROPENDIUM ad refer to using joysticks to draw, I have not seen that version.  With four sets of documentation to hand now, the only input is by keying in the x,y,z coordinates.   Not at all sure about Tenex but possibly the Micropendium later note is about a different program.

Very unsure about the claim to copyright made by AMERISOFT- clearly written by and sold by Wulf Becherer, possibly with print routines by Eugen Baumgartner.

Amerisoft made a bit of a mess of writing documentation for the printer options. Amerisoft seem to have added the XB LOAD program (which permits menu selection of printer) and the EA5 load option (or was that from Australia?). Amerisoft also changed disk filenames so that DF80 file WORLDO became 3D and the printer names changed from eg WCOPYRX80 to STAR and WDEFAULT became DEFAULT.

Filename PRINTERNAM holds eg PIO.CR, and anyone can guess what file DDD does- supplied empty.

Thanks again   s

Amerisoft purchased American distribution rights for programs originally produced in Europe. They translated the manuals and released the programs under their own name, generally with no reference to the European versions. Another piece of software they released that way was Amerisoft Expanded Graphics BASIC, otherwise known to Europeans as APESoft Expanded Grafik BASIC. There may be others. . .

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

3d world documentation in English:

Time for someone else to look at what I have been doing with this.  A simple translation was not the way to go.  Can anyone with knowledge of or experience of 3D_World take a look at what I have done so far and let me have your feedback?

The attached is a BETA RELEASE- please don't circulate yet!

My next steps from this are:
1- add screen grabs, always useful with a graphics program

and also prepare a primer-

2- put together a lego/ikea style of illustration only instructions (no translations required).

But first- have I understood it correctly, and are there any errors or omissions??  Have I made it possible to get into the program and work out what to do?

I freely admit there are a few things I really don't understand eg what is the actual difference between "ON/OFF 1" and "ON/OFF 2" modes! So helpfully named.    I didn't fully understand the printing but I doubt if many people will have a spare working Epson FX80 (I do!).

The AMERISOFT disk I bought seems to use a data file called "STAR" for all models of Epson printers, although their documentation suggested a separate file for FX80.

regards    s

(see below for the correct document)

Aaaagh -SORRY - the document in post 11 above has now been removed.  I didn't intend to post the German original!   I attached the wrong document.

The intention was to post THIS document, in ENGLISH for your kind consideration and feedback.

Apologies- must be more careful.  I've been batting this one around too long....  please see post 11 for further comments on where I'm going with this....

take care

bb3Dworld_docs.pdf

Edited by blackbox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Understood- to avoid doubt- the document below is the ORIGINAL 3d-world docs in German, for comparison to my English attempt above.

The Amerisoft release had slightly modified software which I have listed in my document, and print routines were added afterwards. I received 9 pages of docs from Amerisoft and didn't really understand them- I am fairly sure there were a number of errors (possibly in the German docs too).

Anyway here is the original German, my BETA version in English is above in post 13.   The disk can be found on whtech at http://ftp.whtech.com/emulators/pc99/pc99%20dsk%20collection/Graphic01/3D-WORLD.ZIP

Thanks!

s

ger3D-World-GER-02.pdf

• Like 2