IGNORED

Val d'Isère Skiing, Wolfenstein 3D, White Men Can't Jump or Xenon 2!? Which is the best on the Jag?

Adriano Arcade

1) Val d'Isère Skiing is one of my favorites on the Jag.

2) Wolfenstein 3D is my wife's favorite.

3) White Men Can't Jump is fun, although I like to kinda cheat by going for "3" from the top corners and immediately run across for the rebound to shoot a 3 again from the opposite corner if it misses.  Never lost a game doing this.

4) Xenon 2 is one I'm not crazy about on any system, although I did buy this port on the Jag.

• Like 1

They're all almost completely different game categories, so they could reasonably all be called the best - for the list given for their category. You could argue that the Skiing game and Basketball game are both sports, but most people separate winter sports like skiing from regular sports. As to best in the list, they're so different that most folks will all give different answers. It's more a question of which ones (if any) are considered BAD rather than which is the best.

• Like 1

He's just going through the games alphabetically and seeing what people think of different titles. It makes some sense. You could also go through by genre, by publisher, by publishing date, etc. The problem is that going alphabetically leads to some pretty weird match ups, like this one. The games are almost unrelated except for being Jaguar games.

Xenon 2 is a decent enough shooter. Pretty standard. Val d'Isere Skiing is line racer, just with skiers instead of cars. I don't really care for White Men Can't Jump - never could get into basketball games. Wolf3D is Wolf3D. Not much to say there, but it's a decent enough port of it. Of the batch, the one I think I like the best is the skiing game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

These lists of yours are so random!

But i appreciate your passion for the Jaguar.  Thanks for getting another generation involved as i plan to do :) 

Thanks. I am trying to spread the Jag love to to the youth! The A-Z lists do throw up some weird combos, I agree.

11 hours ago, Chilly Willy said:

He's just going through the games alphabetically and seeing what people think of different titles. It makes some sense. You could also go through by genre, by publisher, by publishing date, etc. The problem is that going alphabetically leads to some pretty weird match ups, like this one. The games are almost unrelated except for being Jaguar games.

Xenon 2 is a decent enough shooter. Pretty standard. Val d'Isere Skiing is line racer, just with skiers instead of cars. I don't really care for White Men Can't Jump - never could get into basketball games. Wolf3D is Wolf3D. Not much to say there, but it's a decent enough port of it. Of the batch, the one I think I like the best is the skiing game.

Yeah, I decided early on just to go from A - Z. In a funny way it has made some of the games combined very odd, but hopefully in a good way! I will soon be doing my A-Z of Jag CD games. 

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2020 at 12:21 PM, Adriano Arcade said:
What's better: Val d'Isère Skiing, Wolfenstein 3D, White Men Can't Jump or Xenon 2!? Yup, I discuss the V, W & X games in my Jaguar collection, with my son Tate's input of course! Which of these 4 is your personal favourite?

? Never a question I thought I would see asked. 

WMCJ should never of been released. 

Val D was awful on SNES and poorly conceived on Jaguar, no feeling of rushing DOWN a mountain, it's just a set of horizontal planes. 

Gameplay is little more than dodging flags, where are the stunts? 

Poor course design meant it was easy to get lost. 

Sure, it was fast and smooth, but gameplay simply uninspired. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

? Never a question I thought I would see asked. 

WMCJ should never of been released. 

Val D was awful on SNES and poorly conceived on Jaguar, no feeling of rushing DOWN a mountain, it's just a set of horizontal planes. 

Gameplay is little more than dodging flags, where are the stunts? 

Poor course design meant it was easy to get lost. 

Sure, it was fast and smooth, but gameplay simply uninspired. 

It is a crazy question for sure! But one that needed answering! LOL!

• Haha 1