IGNORED

Current Notes magazine

12 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Got it, thanks much.

Yeah, I *still* miss it.  :(

PS Does it reflect on how sad an individual I am that I go back through these great 'ole mags

sometimes, re-reading some of the super cool articles and fantasize how things might have

been in an alternate timeline/universe where Atari won the computer wars?

Well, you're not alone. I many times look throw Antic, Analog, etc. I used to keep a stack by my bed and read one before I fell asleep.

On 3/24/2021 at 5:29 PM, DarkLord said:

Got it, thanks much.

Yeah, I *still* miss it.  :(

PS Does it reflect on how sad an individual I am that I go back through these great 'ole mags

sometimes, re-reading some of the super cool articles and fantasize how things might have

been in an alternate timeline/universe where Atari won the computer wars?

You and me both!  I'm seriously considering buying a VCS to run FreeMiNT via Aranym on it, just to have an Atari branded computer again... :)

Edited by MrMaddog

On 5/20/2020 at 5:31 PM, DarkLord said:

Current Notes is awesome. The team behind it was simply

amazing and some of the nicest people ever.

I was fortunate enough to write a couple of articles for

them, wished I'd taken the time to write more.

Miss them much.....

That got me thinking I need to write some notes for some of the current Atari publications. 

On 3/23/2021 at 7:08 PM, Allan said:

I cut out all the ones that are already scanned and the ones left need to be scanned. So 16 of the issues you have need to be scanned.

Did you see this link http://www.ataricompendium.com/archives/magazines/current_notes/current_notes.html?

It already has some of the issues you are planning to scan.

Yeah, I was reading one issue last night and the editorial was talking about how the first several years the circulation was only around 400 issues and they were just sent out to Washington area user groups.

I think it will be difficult to get all those early issues unless someone miraculously saved them all.

On 4/5/2021 at 7:11 PM, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Yeah, I was reading one issue last night and the editorial was talking about how the first several years the circulation was only around 400 issues and they were just sent out to Washington area user groups.

I think it will be difficult to get all those early issues unless someone miraculously saved them all.

This is true about all the user group newsletters. We just have to keep archiving as many as we can.

There is a lot to archive and we will never get it all but I bet there is still a lot out there in people's homes.

I just posted another issue tonight plus I posted another one yesterday.

https://archive.org/details/current-notes-volume-12-number-9-november-1992

https://archive.org/details/current-notes-volume-12-number-10-december-1992-january-1993

Working on March '93 tonight. Hope to finish it by morning.

I agree there have to be more out there.  I mean look at the new issues of Current Notes and ST Informer that have come up just in the last weeks here.

Computer enthusiasts seems to be great at hording things lol.  I bet someone has all those original issues but they may be stashed away somewhere like an attic or closet.

People willing and able to scan like you do are doing great service for the community so a big thanks for the scanning!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

I agree there have to be more out there.  I mean look at the new issues of Current Notes and ST Informer that have come up just in the last weeks here.

Yeah, it's really been amazing to read ST magazines & newsletters I hadn't even seen before.  Would you believe I rather read stuff from 1991 than the current news in 2021 in the mornings?

52 minutes ago, MrMaddog said:

Yeah, it's really been amazing to read ST magazines & newsletters I hadn't even seen before.  Would you believe I rather read stuff from 1991 than the current news in 2021 in the mornings?

Yeah, well that's a no-brainer.  Today's news SUCK!  Gloom, despair, and tragedy on me....deep down depression, excessive misery.  If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.  Sorry, a bid Hee Haw humor (humour)....

• Haha 1

Some years ago sold most everything other than a couple Falcons and associated hardware. I was a subscription freak, but those too all were sold of. Thanks so much for saving all this :)

Aside from a bunch of cover disk i never go around to parting with, have one issue of Atari Computing August 1997 from a subscription I'd ordered for my mom. After she passed in 2013, I'd found it packed away, unopened :(

Now living in Oregon, wonder if any of those early folks are still around. Steve's Computers and the magazines produced in the area.

1617946495104787697817321996290.jpg

Edited by rustynutt

On 4/5/2021 at 8:52 AM, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Noticed Sep-Oct 1995 is printed as Vol.15 Number 1 but that is the number for Jan-Feb 1995.  I guess it is a misprint?  From what I can tell Sep-Oct should be Vol.15 Number 5.

Yes, I'd came to the same conclusion and named mine accordingly.

Here is a new issue I just posted.

https://archive.org/details/current-notes-volume-13-number-6-july-august-1993

There is an interesting article on a company called Hobby Town USA who is still around. They sold Atari computers and ran their company with Atari 8-bit software and then St software.

https://www.hobbytown.com