IGNORED

Controller is stuck going one direction

So I just fired up my ColecoVision for the first time in awhile and it all works like usual. I played it for about an half-hour and the the first player controller started drifting and eventually got stuck going to the right. I had a similar problem like this with my Atari 2600. It turns out it was a falty buffer chip. Any idea if that could be the problem here?

Rugger's esd boards are a great investment less then 5 bucks each(have them in one console about to install in 2 more) and easy easy to install(way easier then removing and installing new 74541 chips) if you had them you would not have this problem which is not to hard to fix just a bunch of pain in the ass desoldering and soldering. Peace!

• Like 1

Were can  I get some at

51 minutes ago, crisalan44 said:

Rugger's esd boards are a great investment less then 5 bucks each(have them in one console about to install in 2 more) and easy easy to install(way easier then removing and installing new 74541 chips) if you had them you would not have this problem which is not to hard to fix just a bunch of pain in the ass desoldering and soldering. Peace!

Console5.com, I believe he is out of stock right now but Rugger's Customs is going to be restocking him very soon I believe. They are 9.95 I think and a great way to protect agaisnt static electricty ruining your controller chip. If your chip is bad you need to replace it before you put the esd joystick boards on. Rugger's is offering a great deal this month on a console revamp and they are without question the BEST in the business, it is a great price they are offering through June to have your colecovision completly redone with out any cutting of your console. I would highly reccommend them especially since you have a broken chip already. It is almost a give away at the price they have right now. ?

Edited by crisalan44
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, crisalan44 said:

Console5.com, I believe he is out of stock right now but Rugger's Customs is going to be restocking him very soon I believe. They are 9.95 I think and a great way to protect agaisnt static electricty ruining your controller chip. If your chip is bad you need to replace it before you put the esd joystick boards on. Rugger's is offering a great deal this month on a console revamp and they are without question the BEST in the business, it is a great price they are offering through June to have your colecovision completly redone with out any cutting of your console. I would highly reccommend them especially since you have a broken chip already. It is almost a give away at the price they have right now. ?

Hay thanks I'll give it a try 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 11:49 PM, ChildOfCv said:

You should also see if unplugging the controller or swapping them makes it stop.  If so, then it's probably a weakened metal dome in the controller that is now resting on its contact.

I hope you ("you" meaning everyone out there) are not unplugging/swapping controllers while the console is turned on.

I'm always careful to turn the console off before plugging/unplugging controllers in the controller ports of my ColecoVision or ADAM, and I've never had a problem like the OP reported.

Or perhaps I'm just lucky. I dunno.  :D 

• Like 1