IGNORED

New TV for your Old Inty

Hey all. Without looking for the specific feature, I found that the 55 inch Samsung model un55ru8000fxza television has a classic coax antenna port. I plugged my Intellivision in and the LTO Flash showed a menu! 

The picture is very shaky but I think that is due to the age of the Inty, the TV is new and the cable is pretty new. 

I will experiment some more as time allows, but it’s great to know that there are TVs that can be acquired in the USA that have this feature, I thought they were all long gone!

The TV also has 4 HDMI ports, but that isn’t interesting at all :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, First Spear said:

I think I need some kind of coax signal booster. Hmm. Picture is not "strong" enough.

I'm using a VCR to boost my Intellivision audio and video signal strength to my flat screen. Working really well until I'm brave enough to try some sort of video modificaiton.

• Like 2

Anything advertised as a "TV" will have coax (in the US at least.) Because to be advertised as a TV, it must have an over-the-air tuner. And those all use coax ports to connect the antenna (or cable.)

My new(ish, last year's model) 4K LG smart TV tuns in "analog channel 3" just fine, and displays Intellivision no problem. And that's over about a 20 foot unshielded RCA cable to an RCA-to-coax adapter at the TV end.

I have a new Vizio I bought last year....HDMI only....no coax. I didn't even think about it since I have an older Samsung that has most of my consoles connected to it. A few months ago I thought..hey I will bring my Colecovision and Intellivision in here and connect it to the Vizio because its huge. And that's when I realized I didn't have coax ? So I have a small 13 inch CRT that sits in the corner of the room and I play on that...hahaha.

• Like 2