IGNORED

Atari800MacX Version 5.0.3 Released

atarimac

A new version of Atari800MacX has been released (http://atarimac.com/atari800macx.php or https://github.com/atarimacosx/Atari800MacX/releases).

New Features/Bug Fixes (in version 5.0.3):

Bugs Fixed:
  • Fixed issue with extra characters being input with an International keyboard. (Although this may have caused extra keystrokes on US keys also).

New Features/Bug Fixes (in version 5.0.2):

• Updated SDL Framework for better support of MacOS 10.15 Catalina
  • Moved Gamepad Identification window from Preferences to Control Menu (This window has not worked since 5.0.0
Bugs Fixed:
  • Fixed issue with Fullscren in Catalina.
  • Fixed issue with Cmd-J Keybinding for toggling Keyboard Joysticks.
  • Fixed dark mode About menu issue.
  • Fix issue with Gampad names which contain unicode which caused emulator to crash
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

May I add a question: according my experience, gamepads need to be plugged in when Atari800MacX ist launched, plugging them in later will not result in them being recognized. Is this a bug or a feature? Removing them sometimes causes the program to crash. 

@slx, That is not an intended feature.  I've long tried to get Joystick/Gamepad hotplug to work correctly with the SDL Framework.  The Events do not seem to work for new or removed devices, and I also tried to use the native Mac OSX notifications instead.  

I've looked at it again tonight, and found that polling the number of joysticks from the SDL Library may be able  to be used for detection of insertion and removal.  That shows promise, but there are some things that still do not work for dynamic insertion.  Hopefully I will find the rest of the issues soon, and can release a new version to fix it.

@slx, That is not an intended feature.  I've long tried to get Joystick/Gamepad hotplug to work correctly with the SDL Framework.  The Events do not seem to work for new or removed devices, and I also tried to use the native Mac OSX notifications instead.  

I've looked at it again tonight, and found that polling the number of joysticks from the SDL Library may be able  to be used for detection of insertion and removal.  That shows promise, but there are some things that still do not work for dynamic insertion.  Hopefully I will find the rest of the issues soon, and can release a new version to fix it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@slx, The issues with hotplug should be solved with the 5.0.4 release.   The polling the number of joysticks seems to work, and I was also able to the get the gamepad removal/insertion is detected even when Preferences are open, by causing the polling to happen on the main thread then too.

• Like 1

Bob is correct.  Since my time to work on the emulator is very sporadic due to work commitments, I no longer feel comfortable taking donations personally.  The Internet Archive does a lot of work to preserve these old systems, so for those who feel the need to donate, I believe it should go there.  I changed the program link and program help links, but forgot to update the web page which I've now done.

Mark

• Thanks 1

Don't worry Mark,

First of all thank you sooooooooooooo much! You bring the joy back to thousands of users! Without your work, the Wiki would have nearly impossible! Can't thank you enough.

I even dare to speak for the others here with the highest respect possible, the 5 times wave:

goteam (animated).gif   goteam (animated).gif   goteam (animated).gif   goteam (animated).gif   goteam (animated).gif 

Guys, we have the clipboard back!!!

Golden times for the type-in task force!

Yeah! Mark you brought me out of the C-19 depression! So great, please stay healthy forever! ?

Edited by luckybuck
forgot something
  • Like 1