IGNORED

Omega Race for the Mattel Intellivision homebrew 2020

Rev

Omega Race is a game I have never played.

It looks a lot like Asteroids with a force field barrier and sounds like Space Invaders.

Great addition to the Intellivision. 

Rev,thanks for coming forward and putting a name to all these cool arcade games!?

35 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Omega Race is a game I have never played.

It looks a lot like Asteroids with a force field barrier and sounds like Space Invaders.

Great addition to the Intellivision. 

Rev,thanks for coming forward and putting a name to all these cool arcade games!?

You have never played Omega Race?  Shocking. 

Um.. I'm not sure what's going on here, but "Dr. Ports" sounds a little pissed off, judging by his YouTube description & comments section. I vouched for you, Rev, in the comment section, but if you really are joking, you probably should say so. I tried to explain to Dr Ports, that we here in the Inty section love to joke around and that no harm is meant by anything. I have no dog in this fight, I'm just a fan of the games you both put out, but I figured I'd mention it.

Quoted from Dr Port's video:

"ADDED NOTE: I just want to clarify one thing, just in case it is not a joke, and because some people seem to be beliving him: Someone called "Rev" on Atariage claimed to be behind the Dr. Ports Intellivision games. This is simply not true, I don't know that person and he is not involved in the Wizard of Wor, Cosmic Avenger or Omega Race ports in any manner."

14 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

I saw in the direction menu there is a selection for L/R control.

So does this mean we can use the new DIY spinner to play the game?

Omega Race isn't the same without using a spinner.

I could be wrong but I think the two control options would work like Space Hawk.  Either direct 16 direction or left/right for rotation.  The left/right rotation should work with that spinner but, not being a true spinner, the speed of rotation would be limited by the game program.

10 hours ago, save2600 said:

Love the music, sound effects and physics of your fighter! Fat sprites and squished playfield again though, like so many of these (impressive, don't get me wrong) brews of late. Must be an IntyBasic thing... is there no higher resolution available? Legit question, not trying to be an ass. 

The intellivision is relatively low resolution.  In some ways lower resolution than the atari 2600.  Developers tend to favour fitting in all the details rather than appropriate proportions.  I also notice some developers are not using high resolution sprites.  High resolution sprites don't help if you're using background animation to move objects.  The animation in this game looks really good.

Edited by mr_me
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I dont mind downloading a Rom,just not purchasing them.

Wolfy! Why didn't you tell me earlier that you were an Intellivision prop collector!? I could make money selling 'carts' for each of those empty boxes and you can proudly display them. Of course, they won't work, but programming is worth nothing. You can do that. ;-)  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, save2600 said:

Love the music, sound effects and physics of your fighter! Fat sprites and squished playfield again though, like so many of these (impressive, don't get me wrong) brews of late. Must be an IntyBasic thing... is there no higher resolution available? Legit question, not trying to be an ass. 

No, it is not an 'Intellivision Basic' thing. The resolution of the Intellivision is less than the Colecovision or Vic 20. When we did Steamroller for Intellivision, the playfield had to be shrunk down compared to the Colecovision version and the speed modified. It doesn't matter if it had been done in assembler or compiled basic, it is all intellivision code. The Intellivision graphics are quite limited, so no, there is no higher resolution available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Um.. I'm not sure what's going on here, but "Dr. Ports" sounds a little pissed off, judging by his YouTube description & comments section. I vouched for you, Rev, in the comment section, but if you really are joking, you probably should say so. I tried to explain to Dr Ports, that we here in the Inty section love to joke around and that no harm is meant by anything. I have no dog in this fight, I'm just a fan of the games you both put out, but I figured I'd mention it.

Quoted from Dr Port's video:

"ADDED NOTE: I just want to clarify one thing, just in case it is not a joke, and because some people seem to be beliving him: Someone called "Rev" on Atariage claimed to be behind the Dr. Ports Intellivision games. This is simply not true, I don't know that person and he is not involved in the Wizard of Wor, Cosmic Avenger or Omega Race ports in any manner."

You know that Dr Ports, he’s always kidding around. 

Im happy to announce that me and Dr Ports have many new games in the works!  

What games do you guys want next?

48 minutes ago, Rev said:

You know that Dr Ports, he’s always kidding around. 

Im happy to announce that me and Dr Ports have many new games in the works!  

What games do you guys want next?

As previously mentioned Berzerk would be cool.  Also Phoenix and Polaris.   

• Like 1