IGNORED

HDMI Converter - Wrong Way?

Do you guys have a recommendation on a specific model cheap one ($25 or less as DrVenkman mentions)? The eBay/Amazon models look about all the same. I bought one for $11 or $12 and the results are about what one would expect from an $11 or $12 one ? Maybe I should save up a little and get something proper?

12 hours ago, koolmoecraig said:

Never eBay after a few drinks...

Don't need a few drinks, I was searching for similar items a few weeks ago asking for Video to HDMI,

got lots of results but most were HDMI to Video, but one loon on Ebay clearly said Video to HDMI, but

reading the spec further down the page it said it was HDMI to Video, so be careful

7 hours ago, 777ismyname said:

Do you guys have a recommendation on a specific model cheap one ($25 or less as DrVenkman mentions)? The eBay/Amazon models look about all the same. I bought one for $11 or $12 and the results are about what one would expect from an $11 or $12 one ? Maybe I should save up a little and get something proper?

This fairly recent thread goes over several alternatives. These days I’m using a RetroTink 2X-Pro, which is great but speaking objectively, probably not “worth” the 5X price differential between it and an Amazon cheapie.  

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301535-hooking-up-an-atari-800-to-modern-flat-screen-tv/

9 hours ago, 777ismyname said:

This one works fine for me in the low price range (~15-16€):

Mini AV to HDMI RCA CVBS Video Konverter Composite DVD Audiosignal Adapter 1080P

BTW: different to the other inexpensive converters it comes wit a higher quality metal case.

Gtx.,

andY

AVtoHDMI.jpg

AVtoHDMI2.jpg

AVtoHDMI3.jpg

Edited by andymanone
Add: Stuffed with a metal case