IGNORED

megamania atari 5200

jamye boyd

I bought megamania  from a gal on eBay. This was a game I used to play as a kid. I asked the woman if it was for the 5200. She assured me it was. I bought and payed a bit for it as I was excited to find it and play. But when the game arrived, it was quite small. It was the smallest cartridge I have seen. Does this game not even belong to the 5200? I know that the game was made for that system but don't see how this little cartridge fits in my 5200. I would like some insight as to what system this belongs too.. Thanks 

Hard to tell without a photo or some measurements, but 5200 Megamania is basically the same size as the rest of the 5200 carts.  Definitely the same shell as the rest of the Activision games for the 5200.  Here's a pic of 5200 Pac-Man with 5200 Megamania and 2600 Megamania.

Most likely you have an 8-bit computer cart.

IMG_E7461[1].JPG

13 hours ago, jamye boyd said:

I bought megamania  from a gal on eBay. This was a game I used to play as a kid. I asked the woman if it was for the 5200. She assured me it was. I bought and payed a bit for it as I was excited to find it and play. But when the game arrived, it was quite small. It was the smallest cartridge I have seen. Does this game not even belong to the 5200? I know that the game was made for that system but don't see how this little cartridge fits in my 5200. I would like some insight as to what system this belongs too.. Thanks 

They sure are. Much smaller.. Ok well, I guess I'll look some more. After all the mistakes I've made , Im gonna know these systems inside and out eventually.. Thank you for all your help.. 

10 minutes ago, jamye boyd said:

They sure are. Much smaller.. Ok well, I guess I'll look some more. After all the mistakes I've made , Im gonna know these systems inside and out eventually.. Thank you for all your help.. 

You should attempt a trade in the 'Wanted' subforum. And if you don't have your heart set on a single cart, you can always consider buying a multicart